Chapter 35

I woke up and felt the bed shift, I reached out keeping my eyes closed and grabbed onto what I assumed to be Adrian's clothes. "Love, it's noon" I heard him whisper, he then moved my hair out of my face. I opened my eyes and looked up at him still sleepy. "Can't we just stay asleep, I'm exhausted like all my energy is gone" I groaned rolling over. He chuckled before giving me a pat on the head and leaving to the kitchen. I reluctantly got up and changed before looking once more at the mess I had made. I was handed some food, we sat down and ate in silence trying to find something to talk about.

"Hows the cut" I asked not looking at him still feeling guilty. "Its fine love, ill heal" he said. "I'm sorry I don't know why I lost all my control" I explained before getting up and leaving the cottage. I took a deep breath of fresh air and tried to clear my mind, I was never going to heal from this. I felt two arms wrap around me as I relaxed into them. "Let's go on a walk (y/n)" he whispered letting go and taking my hand. We walked down the path to a lake and took a seat and I looked at the water. It was crystal clear and no movement just a fear tiny fish swimming. I turned back to Adrian and saw him watching me.

"What is it?" I asked tilting my head. He grinned and giggled before shaking his head and looking at the lake. "We haven't really had time to spend together so I was taking this peaceful moment in" he said. I nodded and leaned my head onto his shoulder "it's nice to spend time with you" I whispered. "Is there any news on if I can go back soon?" I asked remembering he never had time to tell me. "Sorry love no...but your mother and father will visit in a few weeks separately of course but you will see them soon" he said taking in a deep breath.

"I hate to ruin the moment but why were you so angry, do you remember?" He asked, I looked up and debated on telling him the truth about the book he left. "Take your time" he said concern laced his voice and he kissed my cheek. I nodded and yawned laying down on his lap. "I'm so exhausted" I wined looking up at him. He giggled before stroking my hair "you used a lot of energy yesterday it's reasonable" he said and I hummed in reply. I stared at his eyes, I could get lost in them every time and still feel butterfly's every time we locked eyes.

I opened my mouth to say something but I became distracted by the sound of horses approaching. We both stood up and let out scythes appear. "Are you expecting someone?" I asked glancing at him right as he covered his eyes. I frowned once he shook his head and put the scythe away, I let mine disappear as well and he grabbed my waist jumping to a tree branch and setting me there. I watched him jump back down and turn into his undertaker side and watched him just look around oblivious. I saw the horses approach so I sunk further into the tree to blend in.

I saw the figures form on the horses but couldn't pick up any details they wore black and hid their features perfectly with the cloaks and hats. I watched them ride passed us without sending any signs of a threat. After a few minutes passed I jumped down and walked over to Adrian and hugged him. "Just some travelers, love" he said kissing my forehead. "Let's head back so you can rest, I'll begin cleaning up" he said and began walking. I walked next to him trying to sense anything other then peaceful but couldn't. Once we got back to the cottage he began cleaning and I snuggled into the covers of the bed. I closed me eyes and fell asleep to him humming.

(Okay!! I have finished this chapter finally. I hope you guys liked it.
Will you and Adrian ever have a normal day xD)