Chapter 8

Grell walked me home trying to make me feel better. "Let's go shopping tomorrow darling!" She exclaimed making me laugh "I'm not sure, I probably have to work tomorrow" I replied yawning "oh maybe next time then darling, give bassy a kiss for me" she said and walking off leaving me at the front door of the mansion. "Night!" I called and walked into the mansion walking around checking to see if the place was safe. I made my way to my room and laid on the bed staring at the ceiling for hours. "Ugh why can't I sleep" I groaned getting up and leaving to the garden, I made my way over to the flowers which Finny had planted and sniffed them "these are nice" I whispered just sitting down in the grass and looking at the stars. "Of all demons why me" I asked myself with a frown "everything was going well I till I found out" I added closing my eyes soon to drift off into a dreamless slumber.
Once I woke up it was around mid day and I could hear Finny walking over. I stood up brushed off my outfit and smiled as he rounded the corner. "Hello Finny, I love the flowers" he smiled back with pride "thank you (y/n)!" "Oh and your father is calling you" he added making me nod "good day" I bowed and rushed off to the mansion. "Idiot idiot" I muttered as I made my way around the mansion looking for him. "Who's an idiot?" I turned around to see my father "I apologize, I fell asleep in the garden" I bowed "need anything?" I added. "Yes make the young masters lunch" he told me then walking off, as I made my way to the kitchen I could just hear Bard telling the others about using the flame thrower. "Not today Bard, I got this" I spoke walking in with a grin "no (y/n) I got it" Bard said "I said I got it" I sternly spoke making him shrink back in fear "okay then!" He said going to the other side of the kitchen as I started with the young lords meal. I added some dessert which would make the young lord happy and set the food on a tray and left it on a counter then left to go help Mey-rin with cleaning.
I found her trying to put away some fancy dishes "need help?" I smiled walking over making her almost drop the dishes. "Careful silly" I joked "I'm sorry ms (y/n)" Mey-rin said "it's fine really let me help you" I said helping her put everything away. Once done I felt like taking a break so I found my father "I'm going out" I told him waiting for a answer "okay be safe, be back to clean some more" he stated not turning around. "Okay will do" I said then ran off taking a short cut to Grells work and put on some glasses and walked in looking around for Grell. Once I found him he was walking out a door so I ran over "Darling I missed you!" I spoke hugging her. "Oh hello why are you hear?" She said "I have a break let's go shopping" I smiled pulling her along "okay give me one moment I need to put my paper work away." She told me walking off so I went to the exit to wait. "Hello again" I turned around to see William "Hello William" I smiled "why are you here?" He asked "just grabbing my mother" I said making him roll his eyes "very well" with that he walked off.  Grell walked over and we left to go to town for some new clothes, "so what are you looking for exactly?" She asked as we walked into a store "I don't know, something to turn heads I want to try something new" I replied looking through the dresses. "I found it!" She exclaimed pulling out a red and black dress "it's nice but I'm looking for something new" I told her as I pulled out a blue dress. "This one?" I asked making her grin "darling that is stunning get it"  I laughed walking over to the worker and paid them then put on the dress. "I love it" I smiled as we left and walked back to the mansion. We walked by the Undertakers place we heard things breaking "I wonder what's going on" I said walking over "darling get back here, he is in a mood" Grell told me as she led me away "oh, okay then" I said and walked off looking back once in a while "what's wrong?" Grell asked sitting down on the ground as she pulled me down with her, "nothing I'm just thinking" I sighed looking at my hands "ask away darling" she spoke. "What did you mean mood?" I asked tilting my head "oh well he seems to be mad he has showed up to work and been well working instead of running his shop" Grell explained making me gape "close your mouth dear" she said closing my mouth with her finger. "Oh sorry, let's go" I said standing up and continued walking. "Did I over react?" I asked "just a little darling" Grell stated as she stopped at the front entrance of the mansion. "Well good bye dear!" Grell said walking off so I shrugged and walked in and went to the kitchen to make dinner.
Once done making dinner I left to my room for a nap and to think about what had happened with Grell "what a day" I whispered closing my eyes soon dozing off into a sleepless slumber.