Chapter 34

I slowly walked towards him, I could see his mouth moving but couldn't hear anything. I raised my scythe and swung at him but he was able to dodge. His own scythe was summoned and we clashed. Every time our scythes made contact I could see his green eyes clearly pleading for me to listen and come back but as much as I wanted to I couldn't. I took one last look around and noticed I was literally trapped inside my mind I was watching myself attack Adrian.

I let out a painful scream as I watched myself get a hit on him making a trail of blood on his shoulder. It was bleeding through his clothing. I looked around panic taking over but all I could see was darkness. I looked once more at Adrian and watched his lips carefully when he was talking. I was able to make out breath. What did that even mean? How was breathing going to get me out and back in control. After a moment I understood and sat down closing my eyes. I needed to calm my self and get to a certain space in my mind.

I took some breaths only focusing on them and thought of returning to my body. I opened my eyes and noticed my surroundings changed but I could still see Adrian fighting me. I was in a garden. I stood up and walked around and that's when a certain flower caught my eye. It was red with hints of green on the petals and I saw the green slowly engulfing it. I walked over and examined it. I realized my reaper side was the green and it was killing off the demon side. I put my hands around the flower and focused all my energy on the green going away. I felt a warmth in my hands but didn't stop until I felt myself being pulled away. I stopped and closed my eyes only to open them in mid battle.

"Adrian!" I screamed letting my scythe disappear. He stopped and fell to his knees. I ran over and hugged him avoiding the wound. "I am so sorry, I lost control and I couldn't stop" I said feeling some tears fall. He hugged me back and stroked my hair. "It's okay, I'm here love" he said calming me down. After a while I helped him to the bed and tended to his wound. Once he had fallen asleep I looked around the cottage to see the mess and let out a sigh.

"This will be a lot of fixing up" I muttered but that could wait. I changed into my nightgown and crawled into bed next to Adrian and fell asleep.

(Okay, I have finished. Im sorry its not very long but hopefully I will get them longer. I hope you enjoyed <3)