Chapter 26

I scurried under the table making sure my dress wouldn't show. It was good to be small in some ways. I carefully listened to the conversation with my heightened senses. "Hello undertaker, I'm looking for the girl" I heard a male, the voice rung a bell as I tried to figure out who it was.
"She is with her father, Claude" I heard undertaker speak making me shiver. His voice was cold there was no warmth in it. "You see my master wants her, I must have her" Claude spoke, his master? That little child. Please what would a child want with me.

"Leave my grounds demon scum" I peaked out from the table to try and see what was happening. I saw movement so I ducked back under and heard a thud above me. This will get messy. "Get out. Last warning" undertaker spoke. Claude gave a tck noise "very well, looks like we will fight for the girl" I wanted to help out but I needed to listen. I heard things fall and saw shards of glass from the jars.

I saw undertaker fall to the ground as he laid on his back dodging the attacks he looked at me. "Run. Go to your father. I will see you once I take care of this demon" he quickly said before I saw him jump up to his feet and summoned his scythe. I waited for him to give me some space before rolling out from under the table and running full speed to the mansion. I burst through the doors and slammed them closed. I watched my father appear holding his knives "what is the matter with you" he said making the knives disappear. "Claude....undertaker...fighting for me" I breathed trying to warn them. Grell had appeared and was explained the situation. "You must go into hiding, demons and reapers are catching on" my father spoke sternly. I felt my jaw drop "I have to leave my home! The place I live" I couldn't leave. "I can't leave Adrian!" I growled. This was the first time I had used his name out loud and it was awesome. "He's fighting that demon to save me, if I was to leave I wouldnt forgive myself" I said.

"(Y/n) remember when I said I wasn't ready to lose you yet?" He said keeping a straight face. "Yes father" I replied calming myself down. "Well I'm ready which means keeping you safe" he replied before Grell hugged me. "It's for the best until we get this figured out" she stepped back and grabbed my wrist leading me upstairs. "Listen dear, Bassy is right, Adrian will be fine, he is a legendary reaper after all" my mother said. We got to my room and I started to pack my clothes. "Mother, my stuff is at his place...can you go grab it since I'm not allowed to leave" I sighed as I closed my suitcase. She nodded before leaving my room.

Hell. What was so special about me other then my blood. I'm just a hybrid who can't control their magic. I closed my eyes taking a deep breath. I had always been taught how to use my demon magic like run fast and all but having to learn new magic at this age would be harder. When I opened my eyes I was sitting on the floor. I stood up getting the dust off my skirt. I left my room and walked to the young lords office and knocked on the door.

"Come in" I entered and gave a nod before looking around. The young lord sat at his desk while my father was getting the tea ready. "I uh request a moment with my father" I spoke trying to seem like a had power when I had none. My father nodded and we walked out of the room. Once the door closed I turned to my father.

"I will leave on one condition"