Chapter 48

"Crow you're a genius!" I said, I knew I came off crazy but she had solved it. "Really?" she exclaimed. "If what you are saying is correct then if we both focus on sharing our energy then we should be able to take control. I might then be able to use my own energy without you help and we can beat the other side." I explained quickly, my heart was beating so fast. Crow nodded and took my hands "let's get this over with and get you back in control" she gave me a sad smile. We closed our eyes and focused our energy together. I saw the tunnel forming and the fire appear. As I got closer I noticed it was two flames combining. I took a deep breath and cupped my hands around them. I imagined a thread sewing them together permanently. I tied the imaginary knot and removed my hands. The flame blazed a brilliant black and red color. I felt a wave of warmth flow through my body leaving a fuzzy feeling. I slowly opened my eyes and stared at Crow in silence. "It worked, I can feel our energies" I said letting out a laugh.

We both began laughing and fell to the floor, the relief and hope that flooded my body was unexplainable. "We might actually do this Crow" I sighed rolling onto my back. "Thank you for making me feel like I wasn't just an object" Crow said, I hummed in response before letting the darkness take me.

I looked around, Crow was on the floor unconscious with the reaper side over her. "You should have listened to me" she said before looking in my direction. "You really thought you could win, I already control everything, your mind and body isn't yours anymore! your going to suffer in here and be forgotten!" She yelled before vanishing. I rushed to Crow and saw her looking at me. "I just wanted to have my own life" she shakily said. I stroked her head as my vision faded.

"No!" I screamed and sat up. I looked around and saw Crow jolt up "what's wrong (y/n?)" she asked frantically. "N-Nothing just a nightmare" I said shaking my head. I didn't want to admit it but by now I could tell what was a dream and what was a vision. "Crow, when you were aware, did you grow up like this? trapped in this emptiness?" I asked. She bit her lip and looked down. "This is all I ever knew" she whispered, I had almost missed it. I felt a lump form in my throat "if it was possible would you want to have your own life even if it was like a coma like state?" I asked? I didn't know what I was asking, almost like I didn't have any control. She was silent for a few seconds "if that's what it took to feel like an individual then I would love it" she said looking up. She had a smile on her face but tears in her eyes. I scooted closer to her and hugged her, I couldn't imagine how useless she must have felt once she realized she wouldn't have a life. I wondered if that's why the reaper side was doing this.

"Come on, I'll meet you at the memories" I said, standing up and lending her a hand. She nodded and walked off while I took a quick walk to the main view. The reaper was out...again. I always got excited when I saw places I knew even if I wasn't the one in control. That's when I saw it, a quick flash of black, my heart stopped. I didn't know if the reaper side had noticed but I had and it made me crazy. I would recognize the black anywhere, even here I could see the silver of a pocket watch. My father had found me, yet he didn't know it wasn't actually me. I couldn't let the reaper side notice until it was to late so I did the best thing I could. I ran to the mirror and walked through and looked up. "I need to talk to you! Its important" I yelled and prayed to whatever higher being for her to be here.

"You want something?" I jumped and turned around to see hear her. "I um wanted to ask you a question" I said. She crossed her arms waiting. "Are you doing this out of spite? because you were trapped here this whole time?" I asked. She gave me a glare before disappearing, without a thought I sprinted back to the viewing area and let out a small cry of relief. I noticed the walls of the room before anything else. My stalling had made my father capture my body and keep me in the manor basement. I watched the door open and felt my heart leap.

"(y/n) love? is that you?"