Chapter 39

I let out a scream and fell backward, they watched me but did not move. I debated on running but I pushed it away to me being in a vision. I stood up brushing my dress off and walked closer to see what was happening. They turned away from me and began to speak but I couldn't hear it. I took in my surroundings, it was dark. They were in some building, Grey walls, poor conditions I could see a hole and water dripping through it. I continue to walk around and study the area and came across a window.

I looked out confused, all I could see was trees everywhere. I tried to remember the forests layout but nothing came to mind. I turned back around to Claude and William to see what was happening but they had disappeared. I wanted to go back to the cottage, I felt myself being pulled away as the scene faded and I opened my eyes. I sat up and saw Adrian sitting next to me. He was reading so must not have noticed. "Hey Adrian?" I said making him jump and set his book down. "Are you okay love? You collapsed and the magic in the air changed. I shook my head "no just another vision I think" I replayed the moment in my head "are there any buildings in the forest?" I looked at him adjusting my posture.

I watched him running through his memory. He got up and grabbed paper and a pen and started marking X's all over and one star. "If my memory is correct we are here" he pointed at the star. "All of the rest are worn down abandoned buildings" he said watching me carefully. I knew he was studying me but I wasn't going to let him figure anything out. I smiled and lightly punched his shoulder. "I just wanted to go see some sights" I let out a laugh and walked off and out the door. I went behind the cottage and looked at the garden letting out a heavy sigh. "What am I going to do" I groaned. I had two options really and it all depended of hope and luck. I could either stay here cooped up forever, hoping this nightmare would end or I could put a stop to it myself.

Obviously I wasn't going to sit around here forever. That would be stupid and I don't need to be saved by some demon or reaper. There is no way Adrian is not suspicious of me now. "Love! come back inside, its getting dark" I looked around at the sun setting "Coming!" I called back and walked back inside. "(y/n) I love you but your hiding something from me" he said taking my hands. I looked into his eyes seeing his worry, I didn't know if he was worried about losing me or if it was just for the stupid prophecy anymore. "I'm fine Adrian, i'm just tired is all. I thought if I went for a walk it would clear my mind" I bit the inside of my cheek and looked away.

I could feel his gaze still trying to figure me out. "Help me with dinner, love?" I asked stepping away and to the kitchen area. He walked up rolling up his sleeves and grabbing a knife. I handed him a few vegetables and let him cut those while I grabbed a pan turning on the stove and heating it up. I cracked 2 eggs and let the begin to cook when Adrian handed me the cut vegetables. I looked out the window as I waited for the eggs to cook when I saw the last bit of sunlight fall and two figures standing far off.

"There here" I whispered a mix of emotions beginning to form. I was going to put a stop to this.

(Okay, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'm sorry it took so long to publish <3)