Chapter 54

(One sorry for the delay. School has really consumed my life. College prep and graduation. Also I think this will be one of the last chapters. I will add an epilogue so please let me know what you might want mentioned or answered in the epilogue. 

Opening my eyes I squinted at the sun that shone through my window. I looked around noticing Adrian next to me, laying on his stomach. His white hair sprawled across his face. His breathing was steady, fast asleep with no worries. I smiled enjoying the moment before creeping out of bed and changing out of yesterdays clothes. I scanned my closet avoiding any clothes that would typically include a corset. I decided on a lose light blue dress. Quickly slipping into it and glancing at Adrian's sleeping figure before exiting the room and making my way to the kitchen. It was early morning, the sun must have just risen.  I entered the kitchen seeing my father making some tea. 

"You're up early," I jokingly said, he glanced at me before returning to his duties. 

"You should be asleep and healing." he stated.

"I know but I woke up early. Do you need help?" I asked walking over. He shook his head setting the tea on a tray and walking past me. I frowned, I knew he was just letting me get better but still. I shook my head before heading to the garden. I took a stroll admiring the flowers and the early bees that pollinated them. A butterfly few around here and there. A cool breeze rustled the tree leaves. I closed my eyes, tilting my head up. The sun shinning on my face, warming up my body.

"I woke up and you were gone." I opened my eyes and turned towards the voice. Adrian stood there, his green eyes watching me carefully. He held his signature grin.

"Sorry if I worried you," I sighed, walking over and kissing his cheek.

"Just a little." he paused, playing with a strand of my hair. "I know you can handle your own." he grinned. 

"If I can handle my own..." I began, biting my bottom lip looking down. "Could we go out to the town?" 

"You know we can't." he sighed, wrapping his arms around my waist. "We don't want those other demons or reapers getting you again."

"I know, but you guys can't keep me locked up forever." 

"I know" he whispered into my ear. We stood there in each others embrace just enjoying the moment.  "I love you."

"I love you more," I felt a smile grow on my face. I pulled away and walked past him and back to the manor. Entering the manor I could hear Grell calling for my father, Lizzy followed Ciel down the stairs. "Where are you off to?" I piped up.

"We are going to town," Ciel spoke not looking at me. I felt a sudden rush of heat go to my face as I gave my father a glare. He ignored my facial expression and passed me before opening the door for the young lord and disappearing behind it. 

"Are you joking!" I screamed, throwing my arms into the air. 

"Love, please take a deep breath." Adrian said, coming up behind me. 

"Don't." I said, turning around and held a finger up before storming off and back to our room. Unbelievable. I slammed the door shut and locked it before  kicking the wall. My foot went through the drywall and I stumbled back slightly. I could feel myself trying to transform so I forced myself to sit and take some grounding breaths. Was it unfair that they could leave? Yes. Could I do anything about it? No.

"Love, can you unlock the door?" I opened my eyes looking at the door. 

"I'd rather not." I replied.

"I know you want to leave but we are worried." I didn't respond. It was always the same response.  "It's not that we don't trust you. Its them we don't trust." Adrian added. I sighed, pushing myself off the bed and towards the door. My hand hovered over the door handle. "I promise, we will leave soon." I opened the door, staring into his eyes, there was no deceit or anger in those bright green eyes. All I could see was how pure and honest he was, he would always choose me. He would always put me first and I knew that deep down since day one. 

"Okay, I trust you." I gave a small smile before holding my arms out for another hug. 

(Okay, I really want to wrap this story up because I hate leaving it incomplete. I understand this story was a little bit of a journey so I do really want to wrap it up. Like I said I will add an epilogue so please let me know what you want to be mentioned. If you guys really want I could also do a Q&A about the story but its ultimately up to you <3)