Chapter 53

It had been a few weeks, I stayed in the manor, constantly accompanied by either a parent or Adrian. He had taken a break from his shop, which of course led to some annoyed costumers who had to go further away for their dead family. I didn't see the exact reason he couldn't do both but he always replied with "You are my top priority, I need to be 100% with no distractions, love." it always made me smile even after it had gotten annoying. Grell had been sleeping in my fathers room when she wasn't working, tricky with the whole William situation. Father managed to balance me with the young lord. He really was a hell of a butler.

"Darling," Adrian called, drawing my attention away from a book I was currently reading in the garden. He made his way over leaning over my shoulder, he brushed his bangs away from his face. "It's time to come in," he said, kissing my cheek. "Okay, is it switching time?" I asked, standing up with my book, making our way inside the manor. "Not yet, Your mother is at work, your father is still dealing with the young lord," he said, taking my book away. I looked at him, raising an eyebrow while smiling. I walked closer, reaching for my book, he held it up out of my reach. He watched me a playful smirk on his face. I jumped up barley skimming the book as he switched hands. I let out a chuckle, trying to grab it again, he continued to hold it out of reach, I attempted to pull his arm down, he ended up lifting me off the ground.

"Adrian give me my book," I chuckled, crossing my arms taking a step back. He chuckled, giving a dramatic bow, holding the book out. I grabbed it, taking the opportunity to pat his head. He stood up, his bangs falling in front of his eyes again. I laughed, moving them away. "You have such captivating eyes." I whispered, smiling to myself. "Thank you love, I'm thankful for the sight in front of me." he chuckled, pulling me in. We had become more affectionate. I think it was a reality check for both of us, we never knew what would happen and how long we might have together. Cheesy, I know.

"Am I interrupting?" we separated, I looked at my father who was by the staircase. "No, are you done with the young lord?" I asked, clearing my throat. I felt Adrian wrap his arms around my waist from behind. "For now, he's doing paperwork. I was going to grab him tea." he stated, glancing at Adrian's arms around my waist. I knew he still wasn't all for this relationship but he accepted it so I was grateful. I nodded as he walked off, his shoes clicking on the marble floor. I swatted Adrian's arms, pulling away. "Better watch those hands," I joked. He leaned down "Or what, love?" he asked, his gaze making me falter. "Stop looking at me like that," I said, turning on my heel and walking off and up the stairs. "Is someone embarrassed?" he teased.

"Never. I'm just distracted with other stuff." I said, glancing behind me. He was right behind me, skipping a step. I hurried up the stairs and down the hallway, slipping into my room and shutting the door, leaning against it. I felt him attempt to open the door. "Love, can you let me in?" he said in a hushed voice. I smiled to myself. "Why should I?" I replied. "Because, you love me?" I let out a laugh. "Give me another reason,"

It was silent for a moment, my brows furrowed. "If you let me in then there's other fun things to do." he said. I bit my cheek, heat rising to my face. I stepped away from the door, more shocked then anything. He opened the door peeking in. He let out a laugh, walking over and cupping my face. "What are you thinking?" he smirked. "Nothing. Just uhm. What were you thinking?" I asked, looking away. "I was thinking a sleepover or a pillow fight." he giggled. I knew damn well that was a lie. "Of course, that's what I was thinking." I said, crossing my arms. "Sure it was," he whispered grabbing me suddenly and spinning me. I let out a sequel holding onto him. "What is with the sudden energy?" I exclaimed, once he set me down. "I'm not aloud to be in a goofy mood?"

"I never said that, its just a little sudden." I shrugged. "Well things can change." he said, sitting on my bed. "I walked around to the other side and laid down on my back staring at the ceiling. "I missed your humor." I smiled, turning my head. He was watching me, I could tell something was on his mind. I sat up just enough to pull him down. He laid down next to me, we both were on our sides watching each other. We hadn't really shared a bed yet, not in a sexual way but just in general. I let out a content sigh, I scooted closer, he shifted himself so I was laying on his chest. I played with a strand of his hair listening to his breathing.  I had my head down but could feel his gaze. I closed my eyes listening to his heart.

"Good night love" he whispered, I mumbled something along the lines of I love you too before I passed out.

(Here's a nice light chapter for you guys)