69

Song of the chapter
what a feeling
by one direction

Averys POV

I breathed in the Los Angels air and exhaled. I was so happy to be home, even if it was only for a few days.

"I missed this big ass house." Vic smiled. I took my keys out and opened the front door. Everything was dark except for the back room.

"Did you guys give the keys to someone?" I asked Vic and Taylor.

"Oh yeah I forgot to tell you. Emily and Alejandro took turns watching the house while we were gone." Taylor said. I literally had no idea about this.

I turned on the living room lights and immediately looked around at the picture frames I had everywhere. There was a picture of me and Mattia from our first date at the diner and next to it, a picture of me recording my first song.

There were soft footsteps walking towards us and I turned around to see who it was.

"Hey!" Emily stood there waving at us. I ran up to her and gave her a big hug. "How was tour?"

"It was good." I hesitated. The thought of Lucia was still waving around in my head. I set my bags down by the stairs and went to the mini bar in the corner of the dining room.

"Drinking already?" Vic asked. I sighed and twisted off the lid from the Hennessy.

"I gotta call my mom." I took the bottle, along with my bags, up to my room. "Bye Em." I waved at her.

My room was still the same as I left it. It was clean and the bed seemed so smooth like no one has slept in it in years.

message from
mattia:

you got home safely?

*sends mirror pic*

i wish i was there ☹️
why are you drinking ??

it's my coping mechanism leave me alone

i won't. please put the bottle back where you found it babe

later. i'm gonna call my mom now

i'm telling taylor

I put my phone on the charger and turned on DND. The most Taylor would do is take the bottle and lock the mini bar but I have my own bottles under my bed.

I sat on my bed listening to my breathing. Thinking about how I should bring up the subject to my mom. Maybe I could get her to fly here and ask her face to face.

message to
mom:

i'm home now but i'd really
like it if you came by

i have something i want
to talk to you about

It was really late so I wasn't expecting her to reach back but I was proved wrong when I saw she read it almost immediately.

message from
mom:

oh lord you're scaring me avery LOL
i'll come by tomorrow just send the jet

i will. see you tomorrow 😙

I started to feel extremely nervous and my heart rate started running, making it harder to breathe. My first thought was to listen to music because it calms me down.