11

you should let me love you
let me be the one to
give you everything you want and need

Averys POV
One day before her birthday

It's just past midnight and I was still at Mattias house. We were in his backyard laying on the ground and looking up at the few stars above us.

"Has your dad texted you?" He asked turning his body to face me. I did the same and looked into his eyes. His hair was almost covering it which I loved.

"Yeah he said she's almost fully dilated and I can go soon but I'll just give ten more minutes. I'm really enjoying this right now." I moved his hair a little to the side and watched as he smiled at me.

"Well if you want, I can go with you when you leave."

"No it's fine you should get some sleep. We have school in a couple hours..I wouldn't want you to be tired."

"Come on just let me do this for you?" He began to rub circles on my cheek. I caved in, I get soft with his touch.

"Let's go then." We both got up and he drove us to the hospital.

It wasn't an awkward ride at all. We didn't talk much but quietly sang along to the songs on the radio.

He parked close to the entrance and I made my way in. I can't believe I become a big sister tonight..

"Just stay in the waiting room and I'll meet with you soon."

Mattia nodded his head and sat down next to some random people. I looked back at him while walking away.

He makes my heart skip a million beats. His smile, his hair, his voice, his personality, everything. It just makes me fall ten times harder than before.

We're not perfect people, no one is perfect. But I believe that together maybe we can be. He's always there for me no matter what.

I bumped into a nurse as I was lost in my thoughts. Good job Avery.

"I'm so sorry oh my god." I helped her pick up all the papers she dropped.

"It's fine do you need help with anything?" She pointed me towards my mothers room and I walked in.

My mom was laying there all sweaty with her legs up. I think it's happening..

I looked around and noticed Mariano was being kicked out of the room. I went out with him and waited in the halls. We heard all the screams then the crying of our little baby sister.

"I'll be right back." I ran back to where Mattia was sitting and brought him to the room. For some reason I just wanted to be with him right now.

Our hands were locked in with each other while we stood outside of the door just waiting for the nurse to let us back in. It did take a couple minutes though..

"What's up?" Mariano said to Mattia. Don't start now

"I wanted him here Mar." I gave him a cold look hoping he wouldn't be an asshole, at least not tonight.