7

Flashback to Italy

Everyone had just gotten situated in their hotel rooms with their usual roomies. Avery and Cynthia are on a zero contact basis and don't speak at all.

Of course there's always the whispers of the two girls between them.

For the next three days, Mattia will be with the group, also for the days they will be in France.

"Hey!" The usual group ran up to Mattia and greeted him. Avery kept her distance and she didn't know what to do. She hasn't seen him since he left for Italy at the end of the school year.

He looked over at her and gave her a small smile. Alejandro walked up to her and took her hand.

"Come on, just say hi." He begged. She stood in her same spot, not breaking contact with Mattia, and shaking her head no.

"I don't have to if I don't want to." She replied. Mattia heard and rolled his eyes at her then walked away.

***

It was now meet and greet time and everyone was lined up. Avery wasn't too far away from where Mattia was standing and could hear everything he was telling the fans.

"Why can't you and Avery date again? You guys were the cutest couple." A fan asked him. Avery felt every hair on her body rise but kept a straight face.

"I don't wanna be with someone who's a controlling bitch." She overhead. Her eyes popped out of her head as soon as she heard it. The fan was shocked and frozen in her tracks but was pushed by security to keep the line moving.

When she got to Avery, she ducked the hug and walked away. This broke her, it's never happened to her.

"I can't believe he just said that." Avery whispered to Alejandro who was next to her.

"What? Who?"

"Mattia. He just told a fan that I was controlling and she didn't even wanna meet me."

"What the fuck? Do you think he's mad about earlier and saying stupid shit to get back at you?" He asked. It kept Avery wondering because it honestly didn't seem like Mattia to do such a thing, but he did.

"He just keeps on surprising me.." She walked away after the last fan and had fifteen minutes until she had to go to the main room for a q&a with everyone else.

Mattia was with a group of girls just hanging around and talking to them.

"Averys so pretty how could you let a girl like her go?" One fan asked.

"She was just a controlling bitch and toxic. Everything had to go her way or she would have a fit and not talk to me for days sometimes even weeks. I dropped her I don't need that shit." Mattia responded. Aileen happened to be next to the group and heard everything.

"Yeah you don't need toxicity in your life." One girl rubbed his muscles.

"Yeah I wanted to leave her for such a long time but when I would bring it up she'd say she was gonna kill herself and I didn't want that. So for her safety I stayed with her. But I realized it was just too toxic. I'm happy without her. I don't need her.." He said looking at the ground.

Aileen angrily went up to her room hoping to find Avery so she could tell her what just happened. To her luck, she was on her bed in her thoughts.

"Avery you won't believe what I just heard.." Aileen stormed in.

"You won't either. You go first."