3

Averys POV
day before senior year begins

I thought long and hard about what Mariano said to me. I am Avery fucking Castano and I shouldn't let anyone get the best of me and bring me down.

My phone rang making me jump from my thoughts. I still haven't texted anyone since the tour. I haven't texted Taylor since our last time in LA. We had a lot of fun.

"I should text her.." I whispered to myself. I finally brought myself to pick up my phone and call her. I waited for a couple seconds before hearing her voice.

"Avery! You're alive oh my god." She cheered from the other line. I smiled to myself and took a deep breath in to stop myself from crying. This is not the time to cry Avery.

"Uh-yeah..I missed you and I'm sorry for going ghost on everyone. I was just..mentally drained and I didn't want to talk to anyone."

"It's fine I understand. I'm just glad you called. Want me to come over?"

"Actually I'll come to you. I haven't left my house since we got back. I'll see you in a couple. Bye." I took a quick shower and put on a clean outfit.

While driving there I passed by Mattias house. I guess he just got home from Italy since they were outside bringing their bags in. He looked up and noticed my car and waved at me. I waved back and pulled over. His mom came running up to me.

"Avery mija how are you?" She hugged me tight. You know you were the best thing ever to him when his mom still loves you.

"I'm fine. Do you guys need help?" Mattia walked over and couldn't take his eyes off me.

"I just brought in the last bag but I kinda wanted to talk to you. I was actually thinking of going to your house after.." Mattia said.

"I moved.." I blurted out. He made an 'O' shape with his mouth. His mom went in the house leaving us alone.

"So you're not going to pv anymore?"

"I am. Just different house. I uh I'm actually on my way somewhere so I have to go.." I turned around and started walking away facing the ground but felt his hand on my shoulder, it gave me the chills.

"Just want to apologize again for everything I've said and what you went through, which was mostly my fault. I didn't mean for a lot of people to turn against you and fuck you up like that, you know I would never do that. I still love you and I was stupid. I just want to know that we're cool now.."

"Mattia I'm so tired of hearing everyone apologize. It's fine, I'm over it. I gotta go." I don't know why I even got out. Why did I pull over?

"You're not fine and you're not over it. I know you went ghost on everyone after everything. Alejandro told me and he told me what happened between you guys and how you ended things. He was hurt."

"We ended this mutually so I don't know why he was hurt, and yes I did go ghost because I just needed time to heal from all the nasty things said to me over the course of 6 weeks, still going! But it's not as much as before." He walked over to the passenger door and got in. Am I missing something?

I walked over to the window and tapped on it for him to roll down the window.

"What are you doing?" I leaned down.

"I'm going with you wherever you're going." He looked forward and wouldn't move. I sighed and walked over to the drivers seat.

It felt like old times, before we started dating and we were friends.

"I want to see your house." He said out of no where.

"Creep." I pulled into Taylor's driveway and saw she was out there with Kairi. I felt my heart flutter as I smiled when I saw him.

He ran up to me when he noticed who pulled up in front of him. I never wanted to pull back from this hug.

"I miss my neighbor." He kissed my cheek, which he's never done so it shocked me.

I ran up to Taylor and gave her a long hug too. She pulled away and pointed her lips towards Mattia who was sitting on the hood of my car.

"Let's hang out, like old times." I pouted. She finally complied but I know Kairi won't like this. They still haven't spoken. Not a single word to each other. I turned to them but Kairi was already making his way to the backyard and Mattia was in the same spot. We followed Taylor and all sat down on her pool deck.

"I want you guys to be friends. Kairi, if I can forgive him then so can you. I know you've been dying to talk to him again so just do it." I begged. He took a second but looked up and walked over to him.

"Sorry I was a bitch." Kairi said.

"It's okay I deserve it. I'm just happy things can go back to normal." Mattia responded.

My phone started ringing so I excused myself and picked up the call.

"Hey!" I faked over the phone.

"Avery my love the pictures of you and Taylor are in your email. Send back the ones you want to be...the cover of vogue!" I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"What?! I thought we were doing a shoot for a clothing company!"

"Well baby what did you think the interview was for? I know that if I was straight up and said what it was for then you would feel nervous and back out but you didn't! I've seen the pictures you guys look amazing! My best clients." Stella laughed. I'm gonna be on the cover of vogue with my best friend..

"Wow I'm so stupid. Yeah I'll send the pictures we like. Oh my god okay bye." They were looking at me wanting to know what just happened.

"I'm an idiot.." I slowly turned around. Taylor got up and grabbed my phone.

"Well what'd she say?"

"Did you know that photo shoot was for vogue?" Her eyes popped out of her skull. Same reaction as me.

"She emailed me the pictures and we have to send our favorite one fast. I'm so happy!"

The boys sat there laughing while watching us jump up and down and express our emotions.

We went through all of them together and we all seemed to fall in love with the picture of me and Taylor with our backs together.

"I remember the photographer said 'give me fuck me eyes' and wow we look hot." Taylor said.

"Oh yeah he was so cute." I was now thinking about the photographer from that day. Ugh those green eyes are my weakness.

"Okay you can stop mind fucking him now." Mattia spoke up. I rolled my eyes and hit send on the email.

We ordered pizza and talked about school tomorrow. I had lunch with all of them again but most of my classes were with Taylor which excited me because last year we didn't have much.

"Well it's getting late and I gotta go." I got up being followed by Mattia and we left.

It felt good to finally get out of my room and hang out with people other than Mariano and Lucy.

"Thank you." I said. He looked at me with confused eyes.

"For what?"

"For shaping me into the person I am today. I don't hate you and I know I've said it a lot this summer but I don't. I couldn't bring myself to hate you and I'm kind of really happy we're friends again."

He smiled then got out of the car leaving me alone. I drove off to my house.

so i ordered a signed copy of stuck with u 😗
and a face mask i'm so excited

BUT MY BABYS BDAY IS TOMORROW HES ABOUT TO BE 17