33

song of the chapter
foreigner
by pop smoke ft a boogie

i realize i never gave averys mom a name so her name is amelia now

Averys POV 

Me and my mom have been packing clothes for Izzy to leave. After my long shower I couldn't stop thinking about what they told me so I woke my mom up and we got to talking.

We're flying on my jet to Miami and leaving her there until after I graduate and it's time to leave to LA.

"I wanted to tell you and Mariano this together but I can't hold it in anymore. I'm getting a divorce."

I wasn't mad and I wasn't sad hearing about this either. It made me happy that she finally opened her eyes and realized the failure that she married.

An obstacle was thrown at him and he didn't even try to fight it. He chose the wrong way to handle this and fucked up.

Mariano even tried getting me to talk to him because of my downfall last summer with alcohol. But this was different.

"Are you ready?" I asked her. She nodded and we heard a beep from outside. I grabbed all the bags while my mom grabbed Izzy.

The whole car ride to the airport she was holding her and getting emotional.

"She will be okay." I reassured her.

-

We made it to my aunts house ready for this change. I was upset that I wouldn't see my little sister for a month but it is what it is.

"You're doing the right thing Amelia." My aunt grabbed the bags from me and walked us inside. "Ms hollywood I'm so proud of you." She turned and pinched my cheeks.

text from
mattia:
where r u

oh shit.

miami..

wtf😭
you left me here with mar

have fun!

We're leaving in the morning so my mom could have one more night with Izzy. I was in my old room laying on my bed talking to Kairi.

a: what did your parents say about you moving to France with aileen ?

k: they got mad at me

a: i mean i don't blame them

k: please get on my side. if mattia said he was moving to italy for school you would go in a heartbeat

a: no. i wouldn't because i have my own
life and things going on for me

k: well pretend they aren't. and you're in my position. you would leave and you know that

a: maybe. but if it comes down to you
staying here what are you guys gonna do?

k: i would go there every month. i tried thinking about it but being miles away from her scares me. avery what if she finds someone else and i'm not there?

a: she loves you so much Kairi she
won't do that to you.

k: i love her so much. that's why i want to go with her. i want to spend the rest of my life with her Avery.

a: aww! go! fuck what your parents say.
you deserve your happy ending. you're 18
you can do whatever you want

k: i'm already looking at flights and apartments for us. this is going to be a huge change

a: will you guys come to
my shows in France?

k: i kinda forgot about your tour ..

a: fuck you!

k: of course we're gonna be there. front row so reserve our spots. I won't miss my best friends first tour. i'll be there the first show and the last.

We talked for hours until I knocked out.

-

The next morning everything was set and I was ready to leave. My mom was a crying mess but this had to be done.

I was texting Mattia the whole time we were flying but near the end I got some sleep.

Stella picked us up but only dropped off my mom at home. She said she had something to tell me.

"So your album drops soon then the tickets go on sale two weeks after that. I'm aware you're moving so that's good. The whole summer you're going to be rehearsing day and night. You told me you wanted a perfect world tour, well you're getting it. I got the best band, the best choreographer, the best dancers, and of course the best singer."

"Great thanks! Jhené Aiko actually saw my interview where I said she was my inspiration and she dmed me and asked for my number to record a song once I get settled in LA." I smiled huge. I just opened the dm before the plane landed and I'm still shaking a bit.

She let me go inside and Mattia was on the couch with Francisco. He looked so uncomfortable and you could smell the liquor as soon as you open the door.

"You gotta be fucking kidding me." I pulled Mattia away from and took him to my room.

"How long were you with him?" I undressed and wrapped a towel around me.

"All day. I skipped school to be here because he wouldn't let me leave and Mariano didn't help."

"I'm sorry you had to deal with that." I kissed him.

"It's fine I don't mind. But you look so good in that towel and I know you'll look better without it.." We both smirked.

I got up and pulled Mattia by his shirt into my bathroom and locked the door behind me.

-

the song of the chapter is foreigner so ofc i had to make them do some freaky shit.
anyway sorry for the two bad chapters tonight