19

song of the chapter
La Canción
by bad bunny and j balvin

Night of the dinner
Averys POV

"You really going to his house?" Taylor laughed. I rolled my eyes at her as I finished doing my makeup and put on my shoes.

"I literally have no choice." I huffed. She's been with me all day since we got home from school.

"You have the worst luck." She laughed again. I can tell someone is enjoying this.

I wasn't nervous or anything, I just didn't want to go. Mattia started talking to me yesterday. He walked up to my locker and immediately apologized. It did seem sincere so I accepted it. But I don't know if he's doing it for the sake of the dinner or if he means it.

Taylor and I walked downstairs and I led her outside. I waited in the living room with Mariano. My mom walked down with Izzy in her arms. She had a purple bow wrapped around her head.

"Fransisco's in the car. I'll be there in a minute." My mom said to us. I grabbed Izzys car seat and brought her outside to the car with us.

"Hold this Avery." He passed me a long gift bag with a bottle of red wine in it for Mattias parents.

"I'm not even hungry I just want to see how this goes." Mar leaned over. I was too distracted by Izzy to pay attention to him.

"This should be fun right!" My mom said as we started driving down the block. Mariano immediately laughs and I threw a punch at his arm.

The rest of the ride was filled with little baby noises coming from Izzy and low conversation in the front.

We got to his house and I could already feel like this isn't gonna go well. I knocked on the door then stepped back and waited for it to open.

Gianluca opened the door and led us to a big table. The house smelled amazing but no one was in the kitchen. He yelled up the stairs and I heard footsteps calmly coming down.

His dad came down and greeted us all. Everyone was already starting to come into the room and take their seats. His mom was dressed nice as always and had a smile on her face.

"Mattia should be up soon." She said. I looked around the table and noticed the only seat available was next to me.

"Switch seats with me." I whispered in Marianos ear. He looked up, smirked and shook his head no. I really hate him right now.

"Look the second man of the house." My dad got up and shook his hand. I tried not to make eye contact. Like I don't care about what's going on but then again it just feels weird being here.

He looked at me and we locked eyes. Something seemed off. His eyes looked full of worry.

'Are you okay?' I mouthed to him. He quickly turned around but called me over into the kitchen. I excused myself and left.

"What?"

"My dad thinks we're dating so will you fake being my girl just for tonight?" I stood there confused with my eyes popping out. Not sure if I heard that right.

"I'm not falling for your tricks anymore Mattia. I'm going back to the table." He grabbed my arm and yanked me back not letting me leave the kitchen.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" I pushed him off and took my arm back.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry okay? He just..he keeps bringing you up and I had a talk with Taylor the other day and she brought up some really good points. Oh and I kind of told him me and you got back together this morning.." I should slap him.