Umbridge

I'm so sorry I didn't post yesterday and to make it up—here's an extra long chapter:))

I slept peacefully until I felt someone tap me. I opened my eyes to see some first year nudging me. "You're hogging the couch." She said. I sat up straight. What happened? I remembered last night I had spent time with Draco on the Astronomy tower. I had probably fell asleep up there. That meant Draco had carried me back here.

I smiled at the thought. "Thinking about me are you?" Said a voice. I looked up to see Draco walking down the boys' dormitory stairs, smirking. For a second I thought maybe I had been thinking out loud. "You wish, Malfoy." I teased. "That I do..." He mumble. "Anyways, you realize you have class right now?" He asked. "You could've at least bothered to wake me up!" I told him.

I noticed he had showered and was ready, wearing his robes. I shot up. "Oh shoot." I said running up the stairs, hearing him chuckle behind me. I showered fast and put on my clothes lightning speed. My hair was still wet when I ran to my first class, Defense Against the Dark Arts. I came inside panting. Umbridge eyed me. "Late now aren't we, Miss...?" She asked.

"Y/N Y/L/N. I apologize Professor, I promise it won't happen again." She nodded slowly. "May I ask the reason for your tardiness?" My eyes flitted to Malfoy who was trying not to laugh out loud. "Overslept." I answered with gritted teeth. She nodded, pointing to a seat next to Harry. "Hm, I suggest a clock with an alarm." I took my seat next to Harry. He laughed a little, I shoved him playfully. "Shut up." I mumbled.

Umbridge walked to the front of the classroom. "Please put away your wands, there will be no need for them, and take out the Ministry certified textbook." She said. I was confused. "Wait, we're not going to use magic? We're not going to learn any spells?" Harry asked. Umbridge's eyes narrowed. "There's no need to use magic. Who would you need to use magic against?" She giggled without amusement. "Hmm, I don't know...maybe Voldemort?" Harry retorted.

The class gasped. "You-know-who is dead." She simply said. My face heated up. "Well then what about Cedric, how did he-" I started. "Mr. Diggory's death was a tragic incident." She interrupted. "No, it was Voldemort, Harry saw him with his own eyes." I replied back. Her poisoned smiled was now replaced by a frown. "Mr. Potter and Miss Y/L/N, do NOT spread lies." She seethed. "I'm not lying." Harry and I both said at once. "THAT'S IT." She shrieked. "Detention, both of you." She smiled, spreading her toad-like face into a wide grin. I slumped back. Ugh.
——————————————————————
TW: Description of Blood

That evening I worked on homework in the common room, anticipating my detention. I knew I had to focus on my work, this year the OWLS were given so I knew I had to work hard. Draco came in and sat on the couch with a book. "Tsk tsk, first day Y/N, and not only were you late, but you also got detention." He teased. "If I had the energy, I'd say something clever back...but hhhh, I don't."

I put my head in my hands and sighed. I felt Draco move closer and put his arm around me. "Hey it'll be fine." He whispered. I sniffled looking up into his eyes. We heard the door open, and he took his arm off and scooted back to his spot. I rolled my eyes. The Slytherin Prince had a reputation to uphold. I got up and packed my stuff, it was about time to go.

I was walking towards Umbridge's office when I saw Harry and decided to walked with him. "Hey." He smiled. I smiled back, "What do you think we're going to have to do?" I asked. He shrugged and we both went inside her office.

I wish I could rip out my eyes.

Everything in the room was a different shade of pink. There were tea plates hung as frames everywhere. Each plate had a kitten on it. It was garish. It's like she used pretty things to hide the hideous underneath, but it just made her even more repulsive. Umbridge was sitting on her desk stirring her tea. "Have a seat." She said, pointing at two desks. We sat down. "You will be writing some lines today." Parchment appeared on the tables. "Please write, 'I must not tell lies'." Harry and I both reached for our bags to take out our quills. "Oh no, you'll be using one of my quills." Umbridge stood up and placed a quill on our desk. "We don't have any ink." I told her. "You won't need it." She broke out into another grin, making her way back to her desk.

I looked at Harry and shrugged. "How many times should we write it?" Harry asked. "Until the message sinks in." She said with a strange glint in her eyes. I started scribbling the words. I must not tell lies...I must not tell lies...The ink was a deep crimson color. Interesting quill...I felt a slight pinch on the back of my left hand. I ignored it and continued writing. A couple more lines and now my hand was itching. I put down the quill and rubbed it absentmindedly, but as a I placed my hand back on the quill, I noticed my fingers dripping in something.

To my horror I realized it was my own blood.

I looked back at my left hand. Etched into my
flesh were the same words I was writing. I must not tell lies. I looked up to Umbridge. She met my glare expectingly  "Any problem my dear?" She asked innocently. "No." I stared back defiantly in her eyes. I wouldn't give her the satisfaction of knowing it hurt. Her piercing glare looked over to Harry. "And what about you, Mr. Potter." She asked. He shook his head and looked back down.

And so the time passed. Every touch of the quill against the paper was the sharp point digging further into my skin. After what seemed like eternity she spoke up. "Okay that's enough for today, you may leave." She waved us out.

Once out I couldn't hold it in. A tear slipped out. Harry grabbed my hands. "Hey hey, shhhh it's fine." He comforted me. "Harry she's awful, I-I can't even imagine someone would think of doing that. We're just kids- oh my gosh, will she do the same with the first years?" I asked in horror. Harry didn't have an answer. I rested my head on his shoulder and he slowly rubbed my back. "Now we've got like matching tattoos." He whispered smiling. I let out a little laugh. He dropped me off in front of the Slytherin common room. He kissed my cheek, blushed, and left.

I went inside to find Draco sitting on the couch. A deathly glare in his eyes.