Back to School

I woke up the next day to the sun shining in my face. I was facing towards the window. I tried to shift to the other side, but I realized someone was holding on to me. I turned to see Draco slightly snoring. I giggled at that fact. As slowly as I could, I tried to untangle myself from him as to not wake him up. I sat up in bed. It looked to be around 11:00 am. Merlin's Beard! My family was supposed to leave today by 12:00.

Before I could move, I felt Draco pull me down once again. He wrapped his arm around me, "No don't go." He mumbled. "Draco, I have to." I whispered back. "mmm...no." He rested his head in the crook of neck. My stomach fluttered with butterflies. "Draco..." My attempts at pushing him away were futile. "I need you." He mumbled taking my hand. That's when I noticed his hands. They were bruised and ripped. They definitely weren't like that last night when we danced. "Draco, what happened?"

His eyes opened and he snatched his hands away. He abruptly got up. "Aren't you supposed to leave today?" He said coldly, striding to the bathroom. "Draco Malfoy, you come back here this instant and tell me what happened." I stood up as well. He turned to me. "Or else?" I huffed. "Or else...or else.... I'm not going to talk to you." He laughed but there was no amusement. "Oh no, how terrible." He teased.

Tears threatened to fall. How could he say that? Not even 30 seconds ago, he was begging me to stay. "Fine then, if that's how you want it." I turned on my heel and walked into my bedroom, slamming the door. I quickly got ready and took my bags leaving the room.

I went downstairs and saw them all waiting by the door. I went and stood by my parents. They were exchanging pleasantries and goodbyes. I put on a smile to shake hands with Mr. Malfoy then Mrs. Malfoy. Draco held out his hand, I ignored him and started walking to the car. He ran up to me. "Okay, okay I'm sorry." He said grasping my hand. I looked up to him, "Draco I'm worried for you, are you ready to tell me what happened?" He shook his head.

"Please Draco let me help you, all you have to do is open up." I pleaded. Whatever he did to cause those bruises was definitely not good for his health. For a second, his eyes softened. "It's...it's none of your business." He said, regaining his cold composure. I stared at him in disbelief. My parents called me over and I snatched my hand away. I walked away without looking back.

---------------------------Time Skip to First day of School--------------------------------------

I stumbled inside the train. I looked through the compartments until I found Harry, Ron, and Hermione. I sat next to Harry. "You believe me, right Y/N?" I looked confused. "Believe you...for what?" I asked. "You haven't heard?" Hermione gasped. "Bloody hell where have you been Y/N?" Ron said. I looked down at my hands. "Um, the Malfoy Manor." Silence.

Shoot how was I going to explain this? Harry took my hand, "We don't expect you to explain." He smiled. I smiled back. I rested my head on his shoulder and he scooted closer. "Now tell me what I missed." I asked. "Well..." They went on to explain how Voldemort was back, which was explanatory because of Cedric's death. But Dementors were also running rampage through the muggle world. I shuddered at the thought.

I closed my eyes for the rest of the ride, though I wasn't tired enough to fall asleep. Harry rubbed tiny circles around my thumb and rested his head on top of mine. We were sitting in a comfortable silence. The compartment door opened but I stayed 'sleeping'. "I need to speak with Y/N." Draco asked. "She's not wanting to speak with you at the moment." Hermione was quick to answer. Draco walked inside, "No." "Go away, Malfoy." Harry responded.

"I bet if you woke her up right now, she'd want to speak with me." Draco said. I decided to respond, but still kept my eyes closed. "No, I wouldn't, now as Harry so kindly said, go away Malfoy." I sternly said. Even though I couldn't see, I knew those words hit him hard.

After he left, I got up. Ron chuckled, "A true Slytherin aren't you Y/N. That was wicked." I smirked. "What happened between you to. I know you always fought but this time it seemed more...personal." Hermione asked. God, she deserved to be in Ravenclaw. "Nothing really." I answered but through my eyes, I motioned later. The rest of the ride was undisturbed.