Potions (Part 2;)

I had accidentally published the last chapter with nothing in it, but now I've added the actual story so make sure to go read that first before this one:)

Malfoy and I hadn't talked at all about Dumbledore's decision on the way back to the feast. The dinner ended and I started walking back with Alethea, carefully dodging her questions about my punishment for getting caught. I felt a slight tug on my sleeve. I turned back and saw Malfoy. I told Alethea to go on while I dealt with him. He let go of my robe and walked to another corridor, expecting me to follow. 

We turned the corner and he turned back to look at me. "Um, so..." He mumbled, running a hand through his hair. I knew what he wanted to say, so I cut the tension. "Library, after dinner?" He looked at me, his eyes widening. "W-what?" I rolled my eyes. "You have to tutor me! So, library after dinner?" He closed his eyes and nodded. "Oh yeah, yeah sure that works." He said. He awkwardly stood just looking at me. "Are we done then?" He snapped into focus. "Oh yeah." It didn't seem like him at all. He started walking back to the common room. I followed side by side. For some reason I felt that he was trying to ask me something else. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, I walked into my first class, Potions, and sat next to my usual spot with Cedric. Before class started he tried to jinx my cauldron to hop around. I giggled trying to wrestle his wand out of his hand to make him stop. We were both laughing hard when the cauldron started hopping and landed on Cedric's lap. "Cedric!" I gasped. "Jealous of a pot?" He smirked. My eyes widened. I punched his arm playfully. "You wish." I grabbed the pot and held it by one hand. I reversed the spell and it stopped hopping. I plopped the cauldron back on the desk. 

Speaking of jealousy, the whole time, I didn't notice the cold gray eyes that were watching us. Neither did I notice when Malfoy went up to talk to Snape about something. Next thing I knew, Snape called me up to the classroom. "Miss Y/L/N, as Mr. Malfoy has so graciously offered to tutor you, I would prefer you sit with him so you don't face any," He paused looking back at Cedric, "distractions." What could be more distracting than Malfoy sitting next to me, I thought. Nonetheless, I nodded and went back to get my stuff. "Sorry Ced, Snape's making sit with Malfoy." He gave an apologetic smile.

I grabbed my stuff and trudged over to sit to Malfoy's right side. He smirked and I ignored him. We were instructed to make the draught of living death. I went to grab materials when Snape stopped me again. "Perhaps, you should work with Malfoy, so you can see how it's really done. He'll read the instructions and you can follow him" I huffed, but nodded once more. I went back to the table. This seemed exactly like a repeat of last year's potions class. He looked at the book. "Add essence of wormwood." He said in a dull voice. I did what he said. "Now add slug mucus." I added it. "Now mix it 14 times to the right and 7 to the left. But mix it ladle suspended." I held my ladle above the potion. 

"Ladle suspended? What does that mean?" I looked to my left at Malfoy. Next thing I knew, he put his right arm around me and held my hand with the ladle. He gently guided it to the potion. "Suspended means it shouldn't touch the bottom of the cauldron." His whispers fanned his breath over my neck. I dared not look back at him because of how close he was. His cologne wafted over me. I slightly melted. I hadn't realized when he stopped stirring. He came closer, which I didn't think was possible, and whispered. "See, chemistry not potions." He gave a breathy chuckle that resulted in the butterflies to return once more.