Home

Last chapter for year 5!! Yayyy I can't wait for year 6, so much drama to work with! Also this book will be going past year 7 at Hogwarts. I want to play with the adult version of the characters and I have such a BIG PLOT TWIST in my mind that I want to utilize.

So yeah, this book will go on even after the end of their Hogwarts life, and I feel like that's not something you see much in Draco fanfics, its usually only their Hogwarts life or after the war, you get one or the other, not both. So hopefully that makes this book a little unique.

Anyways, back to the story!

I once again found myself in the Hospital wing. After fainting an excessive amount during my 3rd and 4th years, I hadn't visited this place at all in my fifth year. (haha throwback). Soft sunlight drifted through the windows. I looked to my right to see Draco holding my hand. His gaze focused as he saw me shift. He helped me sit up. "How are you?" He asked. "Not good." he nodded. "I-I'm sorry." I mustered the strength to laugh. "The Slytherin Prince apologizing?"

He rolled his eyes but his face darkened. "I had to hide the fact I was working with you-know-who because-" "I know why you did it." I interrupted him. He looked into my eyes, relief washing over his face. "But I want you to promise me you'll tell me everything from now on." I told him. He looked down and shook his head. "You-know-who's starting to use my family more and more. I can't tell you everything. And I think I have an idea what's going to happen this summer, and after that, I-I don't think we can stay together." He stood up. I froze. It took me a second to process what he just said.

My heart shattered once I realized. "Are-are you breaking up with me?" I whispered. "I-I have to keep you safe." Draco quickly said then left the room.

I couldn't believe it. Did he just do that. Not even a couple moths ago he'd asked me to be his girlfriend. It all felt like a distant dream. I had run out of tears to cry, and so I sat there numbly.

I didn't notice someone else come in. They probably said my name but I didn't hear them. They sat beside me. I put my head on their shoulder and closed my eyes, taking in the calming scent of lavender.

----Time skip to last day of school------

Take a second and go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmQ1XTWg74M Play the song while reading this part- If the link doesn't work, search up "leaving Hogwarts" on Youtube and click the first video. I PROMISE IT IS WORTH IT PLEASE DO IT

I stood on the Astronomy Tower with Harry, Ron, and Hermione. "Everything's going to change now isn't it?" I asked Harry. He took my hand in his own, his green gaze looking out at the grounds. Hermione and Ron came to the railing to stand beside me as well. "But we have something that Voldemort doesn't. A reason to fight." I nodded and looked over the railing. I watched as Hedwig flew around the towers of the school. The sun shone just beyond the horizon. The quidditch pitch was empty. Students laughter rang below me in the grounds. A strange sense of comfort and sadness settled in me. All through these years

these halls

the rooms

the magic

had been more than just a school to me. They had become my home.

And I would die to defend it.

Not me crying while writing this:(