Hogsmead and Hugs

(Slightly cheesy and cringe alert:)

I woke up excited. Today was the day. Everyone had been buzzing about Hogsmead all week and now it was finally time. Outside, it was lightly snowing. I smiled. I loved the snow. I put on a green turtle neck jumper with some black skinny jeans. I also wore a black coat just in case. (Or whatever outfit you want :) I put some black eyeliner and slight lip gloss. I didn't need blush as the cold would always make my cheeks red anyways. I left the dorm to go meet Ron and Hermione. 

I handed in my slip and joined Ron and Hermione. Harry came running in. He had a blue jumper on with his sleeves rolled up and I admitted to myself that he looked really good. I couldn't hear what he was saying to Professor McGonagall, but judging by his sad expression he couldn't come with us. He sadly waved goodbye as we left. 

We decided to go to the three broomsticks first. As we sat down in a booth, Ron ordered 3 butterbeers. As Ron and Hermione started talking, I felt like I was third-wheeling. I looked around and saw a lot of familiar faces from Hogwarts. The place was cozy and busy. Still scanning, my eyes were met with silver ones. He was sitting there with a butterbeer in his hand, in a booth with Pansy and Blaise. He looked bored. I looked away as the butterbeer was brought to our table. We drank and laughed, talking about what we wanted to check out in Hogsmead. Ron wanted to visit Zonko's. Hermione wanted to see the Shrieking Shack. I told them about a bracelet I saw in one of the stores. It had emeralds and diamonds along with a snake design. But I told them it was way too extravagant, so instead, I was going to buy chocolate for Harry from HoneyDukes since he couldn't come. Afterward, I told Ron and Hermione to go see Zonko's while I went to HoneyDukes. 

I left the warm atmosphere. The cold wind bit at my face, I dug my hands in my pockets, making my way to HoneyDukes. On the way there, I realized a section of the road that was icy. On instinct, I held my hands out to keep my balance. Suddenly, a snowball hit the back of my head. I turned around fast, losing my balance slightly but managing to keep myself up. There stood Malfoy, smirking, in one hand another snowball. He had a furry hat and a dark gray half-zip jumper with a black jacket. His silver eyes reflected the snow. He looked handsome. 

My eyes widened. "No...No Malfoy, don't you dare." I sternly said. Just as he was about to throw it, I ducked to the ground, missing it. At the same time, I grabbed a snowball and threw it back at him. It hit him in the face. I chuckled. He wiped his face, visibly angry. I thought to myself and decided it was best to leave. I tried running away but forgot I was on the ice. I almost fell forward but I felt a hand across my waist pulling me back. I looked at Malfoy and shoved him off, trying to still get away. He slipped and fell back, but not before grabbing my hand and taking me down too. We landed in a way that I was on top of him. I laughed grabbing more snow and sprinkling it on his face. He smirked and with a quick movement flipped us over, with me being underneath him. He didn't put any snow on me thankfully but just stared into my eyes. We were both slightly panting.

After a couple of seconds, I realized where I was and who I was with. "Shove off Malfoy," I said, pushing him off of me. He was heavy. "Don't tell me you didn't enjoy it." He smirked brushing snow off. He knew his statement would catch me off-guard, so he took the opportunity to throw another snowball at me. Before I could react, he scurried along. 

I tried following him but someone gripped my wrist. I turned around to find...no one? My face paled. Suddenly Harry popped up laughing. He dropped his invisibility cloak on the ground laughing. "The look on your face!" I took some snow and hit him lightly with it. "Not funny, Harry!" I laughed too. Harry's face darkened. "Was Malfoy bothering you?" I slightly blushed, had he seen? "No, why would you say that?" I asked. He shrugged. "I just saw him throw a snowball at you and run away." I breathed a sigh of relief, I didn't want fake rumors spreading. "Just Malfoy being the same annoying git. I was on my way to get you some chocolate actually." I linked his arm in mine and walked to HoneyDukes. 

After HoneyDukes, I was really tired. I told Harry to go find Ron and Hermione while I went back to Hogwarts. He started to leave but then turned around. His soft green eyes looked earnestly into mine. He smiled, giving me butterflies. "Thanks Y/N." He said. "For what?" I asked. "For being...well...you." I was slightly puzzled but I smiled back. Then he put his arms around my waist and came in for a hug. I hugged back. He smelled like the ocean, soft and misty. I rested my head on his shoulder. "Your welcome, Harry." I whispered back.