The Escape

I'm glad that everything was proclaimed fake. That girl is messed up and shouldn't have done that just for clout. My well wishes to Tom<3

I was on the stairs during dinner. I had finished early. Draco was invited to the Death Eater meeting today. I sat listening to their conversation. It was mostly boring. Then Snape came in. "My Lord, they are planning to move Potter this weekend." Snape said. My eyes widened. 

That was all I needed to hear.

---Time Skip to the weekend---

My plan was simple enough, I told myself as I went into the room full of broom. I grabbed a familiar looking Nimbus 2001, remembering the time when Malfoy boasted about it in our 2nd Year. I walked back to my room. I had made a small buckle strap to hold my luggage. I couldn't take everything as it would be too heavy. I stored the things in the closet.

Today was the day. I couldn't have escaped before because there was always some death eater patrolling the house, but to capture Harry, I knew Voldemort would send all of them. Well, all of them except Draco. I kept running through my plan in my mind. I was distracted and didn't notice when Draco came in. "Hey what are you thinking about?" He asked, plopping himself on the bed. I was slightly startled, "Oh oh, nothing." I lied, pretending to fumble around with something. 

I didn't really know where Draco and I had stood at this point in time. There was no doubt I loved him... but I would never choose to be on the Dark side. And if there came a moment where he had to choose, what would he do? We'd sleep at night on the same bed, but it always felt like he was thinking about something else. I wouldn't say at all that we were in a relationship. Maybe after all of this war and fighting was done...maybe after Voldemort was dead...perhaps then I had a chance to live a normal life with Draco.

"Okay, so I was wondering, all of summer, I've ignored you, and I want to make it up to you." He got up smiling, more than I had seen in weeks, and held both my hands. His gray eyes seemed to laser into mine and for a second, I was worried that he would be able to see into my mind. "How about we do dinner. In that same place the last time you were here, I uh-want to ask you something, without a horcrux necklace preferably, but I'll do it then." I put on a fake smile as my stomach dropped. He kissed my cheek, the only affection he'd shown in months and left the room.

I sighed and sat on the bed holding my head. I hated lying to him. I hated ditching him like this, when he'd finally opened up a little. I had an idea what he was going to ask, and it gutted me that I had to leave before he got to.

But I couldn't stay here any longer. This was my only chance to leave, I had to take it.

I paced in my room as the time ticked closer. I peered into the hallway. I heard the death eaters gathering. I should probably get ready too. I grabbed my broom. I tied and buckled my stuff on to the end. I wore a warm coat and comfortable pants. I even wore gloves in case we were flying for a long time. I walked near the staircase and looked below.

The death eaters were all walking outside. I followed discreetly. I watched them starting to turn into black smoke and fly away. I was about to mount my broom when I heard someone say my name. "Y/N?" I looked back to see Draco. He was dressed in a tux for our planned dinner. In his hand he held a small velvet box. His soft and confused eyes flitted down to my stuff, to my face, to the death eaters, then locked into mine, hardening. He understood.

"Going to go see Potter, are you?" He spat. I looked at the death eaters, most of them were gone by now, if I had any chance of escaping, I had to leave now. "Draco it's not about you or Harry I- I can't explain it right now-" "-Oh please I don't need your explanation." He turned away. I looked back and forth between him and my escape plan. I sighed.

I mounted my broom and took off.