The Gala (Part 2)

Sorry I was gone for the weekend, things are usually busier on the weekend rather than the weekdays so it's harder to write. Someone asked if I was dead because I hadn't updated in a couple days and BAHAHAHA I LOVE THAT. The fact that people actually care lol, that's not a feeling I'm used to. Anyways, I don't have a hard set schedule but I will try to post 4-5 times a week. I don't post on Wednesdays. I still love making you guys hitch on cliffhangers:) Without further ado...

--------------Draco's POV--------------

We heard footsteps behind us. We quickly broke apart. I saw my father standing there with a glint in his eye. "They await you downstairs Draco." He motioned downstairs. I nodded. "Give me a minute." I looked to Y/N, she was blushing hard. I held her took her hand, giving her a reassuring squeeze. She gave a small smile and returned to lean on the balcony railing. I followed my father downstairs.

As we turned the corner, my father looked around to make sure no one else was there. He jabbed my gut with that stupid stick of his. "We told you to befriend her, not to...do whatever that was. In the end she's a half-blood. The Dark Lord just needs to use her, and I'm sure he'll throw her away after. Don't get too attached." He spat, making his way downstairs.

Anger coursed through my veins. I couldn't bring myself to join the party again, so I walked into the fitness room. In a swift motion I took off my jacket and shirt. I quickly wrapped bandages around my hands and walked over to the punching bag. I started hitting the bag. One punch after the other. Anger poured out. After the adrenaline, I felt numb, but I kept going. Tears mixed with sweat. I saw blood soak my bandages, but I didn't care. I kept hitting and hitting and hitting...

"Draco?" A soft voice said behind me. I looked back to see my mother. I continued hitting the bag. "Draco! Your hands, not again...not again." She mumbled as she came up to me. No matter how cold and indifferent I was on the outside, I always crumbled in front of her. I dropped down to my knees, crying. I felt her warm hands wrap around me. She guided me out of the room and into my own. She led me to the bathroom and cleaned up my hands. After, she took me to my bed. I laid down and she sat beside me, slowly caressing my hair. She started humming. The same song that she had been since I was little. It made me feel safe and loved. I couldn't fall asleep, but I pretended to so she could leave with a peace of mind.

I felt her warm presence leave. I lay there wide awake. If I fell asleep, I'm sure I'd fall into my world of nightmares. The door opened once more and in came Y/N. She made her way to her room. "Y/N..." I mumbled. "Hmm?" She answered, she sounded sleepy. "Can you...sleep here tonight?" I asked. Silence. "Yeah sure, let me just get changed." She replied and went inside her room. After 10 minutes or so she came back. She slid underneath the covers. I waited for her to come closer, but she didn't. I looked to see what she was waiting for, but I found her already fast asleep. I huffed to myself. Only someone like her would genuinely fall asleep like that. She was too innocent for this world.

I drew closer and gently caressed her face, brushing away her hair. I laid next to her and wrapped my arm around her. She leaned into my warmth and I whispered, "Goodnight, love." Sleep came quick and I saw dreams, not nightmares this time.

--------------Y/N's POV-------------- (we're going back in time to see the events after the kiss from your perspective)

I saw Mr. Malfoy standing there and I blushed. "They await you downstairs Draco." He motioned downstairs. Draco nodded. "Give me a minute." Draco looked to me squeezed my hand and smiled. I gave a smile back, then went back to the railing. I felt them leave, and I released a breath I didn't think I was holding in. After what seemed like a long time, I decided to leave the balcony. I felt tired so I went downstairs just to say goodbye to Levin. I saw him and hugged him goodbye.

I trudged my way upstairs. I entered the bedroom and made my way to my room. Draco looked to be fast asleep on his bed. "Y/N..." He mumbled; guess he wasn't asleep. "Hmm?" I was too tired to form a word. "Can you...sleep here tonight?" He asked. It took me a hot minute to process what he said. When I found my voice I replied, "Yeah sure, let me just get changed." I went into my bedroom. Slipping out of my gown and I wore an oversized shirt with shorts. I had an idea.

I went over to the bed and laid down. My first instinct was to get closer to him, but I pretended to fall asleep. I saw him tense in the bed. He sighed and moved closer. I tried to keep a straight face, but internally I smiled at the power I had. He scooted beside me, and with his cold hands he caressed my face, brushing my hair off my face. He laid down and draped an arm around me. I leaned into him and heard him whisper. "Goodnight, love." I smiled.