Detention and Death

GUYS I had a vision last night and I know exactly how I'm gonna play this book out. It's gonna have something to do with Voldemort and a whole intricate plot and oooooh I'm excited. Also, this is the last chapter for year 4.

I was in the Great Hall the next morning. I saw everyone get their owls. I didn't have any. Draco was dropped a black letter. He opened it and scowled, tensing up. I decided to leave the table to go ask Harry what happened yesterday, I was still confused. I sat beside Ron, on the opposite side of Harry. "Well each Champion was told to save someone they lov- extremely care about. Krum saved Hermione, Cedric saved Cho, Fleur saved her sister, and I saved you." He explained.

"Oh, so I was part of the tournament." I stated. He nodded. I felt a tap on my shoulder and saw Snape's cold stare. Draco was standing guilty behind him. "And why might I ask are you on the Gryffindor table Miss Y/L/N?" I opened my mouth to respond when he interrupted. "Tsk, you will join Mr. Malfoy in detention for the week." Then he left without a word. It was time to go to Potions anyway, so I walked there with Draco. "Why did you get detention?" I asked. He shrugged. "A stupid reason." He replied.

It was a usual day in Potions. I was working with Draco and he seemed tense. Maybe it was just the thought of detention. He kept dropping ingredients and spilling things. He was swearing underneath his breath. He didn't talk at all during the class. He left quickly. I sighed. Just Draco and his mood swings.

The whole day I didn't see Draco at all, which was strange even for him. I tried not to think much of it. The day went by and it was time for detention. I walked to Snape's classroom; Draco wasn't here yet. He had parchment set up on the tables. "Just lines today." He droned. I nodded. I sat at the table and started writing.

Snape left the classroom as Draco came in. Draco's eyes were bloodshot, and his hair was a mess. I touched his arm and he flinched. "Draco?" I whispered. He looked to me. "Y/N...do you wanna be friends?" He asked. I laughed a little. "I thought we already were." I smiled nudging him. He smiled back and started writing. The happiness didn't reach his eyes and for some reason I figured that it had something to do with that letter he received in the morning.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Detention for the whole week wasn't as bad as I thought. We'd write lines for an hour and then be done. The best part of it was spending time with Draco. He was much nicer and more sincere. Although he still looked like he hadn't slept in so long. I tried asking him multiple times but each time he assured me nothing was wrong. No matter how hard he tried to hide it, I knew something was off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weeks turned to months as the third task came closer. No one knew what to expect. All the schools were gathered on the school grounds. A huge maze had been set up. I waved to Harry and Cedric giving them a thumbs up. Harry awkwardly waved back. Cedric smiled and gave a little wink, his eyes lighting up with anticipation. I was sitting next to Draco. This was it. This was the final task. They only had to survive once more.

A pistol was shot, and they all ran inside. I held Draco's hand for warmth. And we waited. I saw a red flare and gasped, but it was for Fleur. Then another for Krum. They were gone too long. The air became colder as the night wore on. Suddenly Harry and Cedric appeared, gripping the Triwizard cup. I cheered as the music played. I saw that neither Harry nor Cedric had moved. It seemed as if Cedric was...laying down? "That's my boy! That's my boy!" A voice cried out. I saw Cedric's father run up to them.

Something was wrong.

Cedric.

Cedric was.

Cedric was dead.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I look back at the last day of school and can't seem to remember anything. I felt numb all over. I had cried so much that I had no more tears to shed. It felt like a part of me was missing. There was a Cedric-shaped hole in my heart.

I may or may not have cried writing this. RIP Cedric.