Tutor Session #1

I'm so glad you guys are enjoying the book so far! It makes me so happy:)) I lOVE reading your comments, they make me smile and laugh, and they motivate me to keep writing for you guys.

That day, I excused myself from dinner early. I wanted to slip in more comfortable clothes before I had my first tutor lesson. I hadn't really told anyone that I was being tutored by Malfoy. When Alethea asked, I didn't lie, I just decided not to tell her the whole truth. I told her that I wanted to study in the library, which was technically true.

I went back to the common room to grab my books. I put my hair up into a neat ponytail. I wore jeans and an oversized jumper (a jumper is like a sweatshirt). I looked in the mirror about to put some lip gloss when I stopped. Since when did I care about how I looked in front of Malfoy? I rolled my eyes. I took off my jeans and wore some comfy shorts. I took out my tight ponytail and wore a messy bun. I took off my contacts and put on my glasses. Last thing I needed was for Malfoy to think I cared about his opinion. I put on my robe, grabbed my bag, and walked out.

I walked in the library and saw him sitting at the front table reading a book. I walked up to him and tapped his book. "All dressed up for me?" He teased looking up at me. "Can we go to the back, I don't really want anyone to see us." I asked. He smirked. His eyes went from looking into mine to slowly gazing lower and lower, then snap back up. "Say less." He said. I rolled my eyes, ignoring the blush in my cheeks. I took his book and hit him on the head with it. "Shut up Malfoy, you know what I mean." He stood up grabbing the book from my hand smiling. "But the look on your face when you get flustered is," He closed his eyes and sighed, "priceless." "Yeah, yeah, let's go." I walked the back of the library and found a seat near the edge of the table. He sat across from me.

"Okay, so first we can work on potions." He said. I took out my potions book, the homework and spare parchment. "Just start on the homework and let me know if you need help." He continued reading his book. I opened the textbook and looked at the first question. I had no clue. I looked back up at him. His hair caught the dim yellow of the lights in the library. His gray eyes flitted left to right as he read the words across the page. He looked up at me and raised an eyebrow. "Liking what you see?" He smirked.

I looked back down at my parchment. Why were you staring, I mentally chided myself. "U-um, I need help with the first question." I stuttered but then caught myself. He peered forward, surprised. "That's the easiest one, we learned this today!" I slumped back. "Yeah I know." I sighed, looking up at the ceiling. "I guess during class I was not focusing on what Snape was saying I-" "was distracted?" He finished. "Yeah." I said looking back down at him. He smirked suggestively. My eyes widened. "Not by you!" I quickly explained. "Mhmmm." He said as he moved his seat to beside mine. His cologne washed over me once more. "Do you literally bathe in your cologne?" I asked. "I can smell it from a kilometer away!"

He chuckled but didn't respond. He leaned in with his quill over the parchment. "Ok so..." He started explaining the problem. Working through the homework, I didn't realize as the time slipped by. Dumbledore wasn't lying when he said Malfoy was smart. He was brilliant. After we finished the homework, I leaned back in my chair closing my eyes. I opened them to find Malfoy staring at me. I was about to retort something when his eyes widened. "It's past curfew!" I jumped up. "Oh no!" I exclaimed. We gathered our stuff and rushed out of the library.

We started speed walking toward the common room. We heard footsteps, and so Malfoy took my hand and guided me into the nearest door, which turned out to be a broom closet. My back was against the door, my right hand was behind me on the handle. Our faces inches apart, we both closely listened outside. I was panting so Malfoy put one hand over my mouth. He listened intently. He removed his hand. The footsteps were gone. I looked into his gray eyes. "Thank you." I said. But this time I was sincere. He smiled, genuinely, not a smirk, and said "My pleasure."

He leaned in slightly, but I panicked and twisted the handle, opening the door. Since my entire weight had been on the door, and Malfoy had been leaning over me, we tumbled out. He landed on top, his hands on either side of me. "Did THE Draco Malfoy just smile and genuinely answer back?" I teased. He rolled his eyes and got off of me. He held out his hand. I took it. "I did not know the Slytherin Prince was capable of kindness." I continued making fun of him as we walked back, not realizing he still held on to my hand.

He let my hand go once we reached the door. He said the password and we entered. "Okay but actually, thanks. I learned a lot and you're really helpful". I said. He smirked, "I'm helpful in many other things as well." "Aaaand, he's back." I sighed. He chuckled and headed up the stairs "Goodnight." He said. "Mhm, goodnight." I went inside to find Alethea sleeping. I took off my robe and my glasses. I lay in my bed and thought back to our lesson. Maybe he wouldn't be too bad to work with. But then again, this was Malfoy, so I never knew.