Gala at the Manor

I love how you guys were defending Draco in the last chapter. I assure you Y/N will forgive him, but not before making him a little jealous ;) Also I know a lot of you found that Draco asking to be friends was a little childish, but personally I believe all great relationships start with friendship. I feel like that adds more depth to his character. But also, he did it for a specific reason and it's important for later on....

The day of the gala came and I was busy getting ready for majority of day. I wore my black dress and left my hair down and curled. 

If you like it fancy (minus the scarf)...

And if you like to keep it sweet and simple

The accessories...

I slowly came walking down the steps where your family and the Malfoys were waiting

I slowly came walking down the steps where your family and the Malfoys were waiting. I saw Malfoy in his black suit. He was talking with his father and didn't notice me come down. Mrs. Malfoy came up to me, "You look lovely darling." I smiled back at her. Draco turned to me and his jaw dropped. His eyes widened as he walked up to me. The doorbell rang which indicated the guests had come. Draco had to stop in his tracks. "I'll be back." He growled as he followed his father and mother to greet the guests.

I saw Levin and his family enter. I started walking up to them smiling. Draco thought I was walking to him. "Y/N-" He started, but I walked right past and went to hug Levin. "I'm so glad you could make it, Levin." I smiled. He smiled back. We walked up to Draco, Levin's hand resting gently on my waist, something I'm sure Draco did not miss. "Yes, Draco? Were you saying something?" I smiled sweetly. His face scrunched in anger, but before he could say something more, the doorbell rang again and he was once again forced to leave, bound by the duties of being part of a host family.

As he left, Levin stood apart from me and we laughed. "The look on his face was-" "Priceless." We laughed harder. We composed ourselves as Draco came back. This time, a horde of guests came bumbling in. There were enough people for the music to start. Before Draco could grab my hand, Levin pulled me onto the dance floor. I giggle as he spun me around. The song slowed and so did we. "Um, I know we're doing this, but um-I like someone else, just so you know." Levin said. I nodded. "Don't worry Levin, I see you as my best friend, nothing more." I smiled.

The music increased tempo once more. Levin spun me around, but I felt different hands grip my waist midway. As I stopped spinning, I noticed my partner had changed. I tried to step away from Draco, but he was faster, spinning and swaying me to the music, keeping me with him. I looked around for Levin, but with Draco keeping me dancing it was harder. I sighed in frustration and said, "Draco, what are you doing-" He dipped me back which effectively shut me up. I gave up on trying to escape.

"What makes you think you can dance with anyone except me." He whispered in my ear. "Hmm maybe the fact that I don't belong to you." I seethed, "I can choose to dance with anyone I want. But let me ask you this. What makes you think it's okay to mix a love potion in someone's drink when you know that someone came to a dance with their date and when their date saw them cheating on them it broke their heart." I didn't realize I had ranted the last part. Draco let go of me looking shocked. "Yes Draco, Levin told me what you did." I huffed as I walked away.

I wanted to leave the party all together, I ran upstairs and down a hallway. It led to an open balcony. The moon shone down. I rested my arms on the railing and closed my eyes. The fresh breeze ruffled my hair. I felt someone stand beside me. I opened my eyes and I saw silver eyes looking at me. I sighed, starting to walk away when his cold hand gripped my arm. "Draco I-" I started but he interrupted. "No no, Y/N, I have to come clean to you."

"Ever since, like, the third year I've liked you...a lot. But I-I'm not someone who can easily display their emotions like that. So, I kind of compensated that by..." "Being a complete asshole to me?" I finished his sentence. He smiled shyly. "Well yeah. So, when I saw in the 4th year that you were literally becoming friends Potter, Diggory, that Levin kid, and basically everyone except me I got..." "Jealous?" "Yeah, and so I made this whole elaborate plan just to get you to..." "dance with you?" "Yeah, and well also kiss me." He looked down.

"That was a terrible apology Malfoy. I had to finish half of it for you." He nodded, "Never had to really give an apology before." He smiled a little. I put my hands around his neck. "If you wanted me to dance with you, you could've just asked. And if you wanted to kiss me, all you had to do was lean in." I said. He smirked, "Like this?" He said leaning in. As our lips met, the world faded away. I melted into his arms. My hands found their way to his soft hair, as his found their way to my lower back. Seconds felt like eternity. We parted away, both slightly gasping for air.

"Ahem." A voice said from behind us.