The Ministry of Magic

I don't usually write on the weekends but I felt it was cruel of me to leave you with that nasty cliffhanger back there.

We apparated into some sort of a building. Lucius still held my arm and roughly pulled me through the halls. The place seemed familiar, though I couldn't put my finger on it. A couple twists and turns and we entered a large room. It was lined with shelves that had misty, glowing, white orbs on it. Lucius shoved me to the ground. "My lord, the girl." I looked up to see....

You-know-who himself standing above me.

I looked back down. His slender fingers grasped his wand and put it under my chin, forcing me to meet his piercing gaze. My lower lip trembled slightly. "Ah now Miss Y/L/N. Your father works here...yes?" He spread his arms indicating the room we were standing in.

Ohhh so this was the Ministry of Magic and if my father worked in this room, this must be the Hall of Prophecies. I nodded. I heard a giggle and looked to see Bellatrix standing behind him. "She's the one!" She shrieked. "Hush Bellatrix. Now, we are going to ask you to do something for us. Your father must have told you about the prophecy he was guarding. Do you know what that is?" I looked to the floor. I had no idea what he was talking about. I shook my head.

TW: Torture is described

"LIAR!" Bellatrix shrieked. Then I felt a coursing pain run through my blood. It felt as my whole body was on fire. I screamed. The pain faded and there was a dull ache all over. "I'm going to ask you again, where is the prophecy?" I didn't realize tears were falling. "P-Please I don't know." Another wave of pain washed over me. My own screams deafened my ears. "Look inside her head, my lord." Lucius suggested.

I lay panting on the ground as the pain subsided. Memories washed over me. From the time I first walked, holding the pinky of my mom's hand to the time I went to Diagon Ally for the first time. My friends' faces zoomed in and out of view over the years. Then memories of Draco came flooding in. The time Blaise drugged me, and I first slept in his arms. The Yule Ball, dancing away. My first kiss under the Mistletoe, I didn't tell Draco then, but I loved it. The Gala at the Manor. And then his little proposal asking me to be his girlfriend recently. The memories dissipated.

"Such precious memories. But Draco never mentioned that he was working for me did he. He hid that from you." You-know-who teased. So, Draco knew he was working for you-know-who. But he also must've known that you-know-who had the ability to peer into minds. I would've been in much more danger if he had told me that. I understood why he kept it a secret. 

"Those memories were private." I said through gritted teeth. "Lucius, be warned. Her and Draco have gotten closer than you would like." I felt my hair being yanked back. "You stay away from my boy." I felt Lucius whisper in my ear. Then he let go once more. We heard a noise. "Potter's here!" Said one of the standing death eaters. Someone picked me up roughly and held on. "Wait here. Lucius it's up to you now, don't disappoint." "Harry! Harry help-" I tried to scream. I felt a hand press against my mouth. "Shut up." The voice of the man holding me said.

It was all quiet. Then suddenly I heard spells being shouted. I heard Harry, Ginny, Hermione and Ron too. I even heard Luna and... was that Neville? The shelves started collapsing and the orbs fell. It was chaos. I felt the person holding me apparate. We came into a large room. In the center was an archway with some sort of silvery veil. "Harry!" I said, taking my opportunity to scream. He looked at me. His face fell, "Y/N." He whispered a tear slipping down his face. He quickly wiped it with his sleeve, turning back to Lucius who was trying to convince him to give him the prophecy. "Don't do it!" Neville exclaimed. He was being held by Bellatrix, the same woman who had tortured his parents to insanity. The bravery that Neville was showing was unbelievable.

Harry was about to give it when people apparated into the room. Harry dropped the orb at once and smirked. At first, I thought it was more death eaters, but then I saw the familiar face of Sirius Black and Professor Lupin and others. I smiled. 

Let the fight begin.

Taking the confusion of the person holding me to my advantage, I rammed my foot back straight into their weak point. He grunted letting me go. I ran to Harry, standing back to back, holding out my wand. "I've got your back, Harry." I said as we jumped into action.

My fight took me farther away from him, I looked back to see Sirius with Harry, he was in good hands. "Nice one James!" I heard Sirius say. Who was James? I continued fighting. The Death Eaters were slowly losing. I defeated my death eater and then I heard Bellatrix shout, "Avada Kedavra!". I looked around for familiar faces to be up and still fighting, and saw Sirius was nowhere to be found. Did-

That's when I heard the scream. It was gut wrenching, filled with pure pain. I looked back to see Harry. His face contorted with sadness and anger as he struggled against Lupin who was holding him back. Just looking at Harry felt like a knife being twisted into my stomach. Tears slipped out once more. He had been fighting his whole life. He had lost everyone that was dear to him. He had finally found a home with Sirius and now...

The death eaters all vanished at once, and I dropped to the ground, mentally, physically, and emotionally exhausted. Someone's gentle hands picked me up. "Let's get you back to the school."