Goodbyes and Guilt

It had soon come the time to go back home. I was still in crutches, so Harry carried my trunk and bags for me. I hadn't spoken to Malfoy at all since before the quidditch match. Gosh, that seemed so long ago. We reached the train, and Harry took my trunk inside. I tried to climb onto the steps to get into the train, but with my crutches it was hard. I sighed in frustration as Harry went inside. I'd just have to wait for him to get back. As I was waiting, someone behind me spoke up. "You're hogging the entrance, Y/L/N." I looked back to see Malfoy. "Go find another one," I said, not budging from my spot. He sighed. Suddenly I felt his hands snake around my waist. I swatted them. "What are you doing?!" I hissed. "Do you want help or not!" He sneered back. Despite the venom in his words, his hands were soft but firm. He gently helped me get up the steps. "Thanks," I muttered. "Only getting you out of my way." He replied curtly, then made his way to a compartment.

I felt guilty. Was it something I had said? Why was he still so mean? If what Ron said was true, if he really did stay by my side while I was injured, then why did he act like this? I was snapped out of my thoughts as Harry approached me. "Come, our compartment's that way." I followed him and entered a compartment with Ron and Hermione already sitting. I didn't talk much for the train ride back home, mostly I just slept on Harry's shoulder.

Once we got off, I hugged each of them and made them promise they would write during the break. As I walked to reach my parents, I looked back once more, but instead of seeing my friends, my eyes met Malfoy's. I don't know why but I smiled and waved. He was caught off guard too, nonetheless, he smiled back. There was something in his eyes that I could read because it mirrored mine: guilt.

Thank you all my lovely readers. I'm so thankful for 500+ reads!!! I didn't think this book would've gotten even 5, but here we are! This was the end of year 3. I used this year to establish the characters because this is a slow burn/ enemies to lovers.

----Please read this!----

I also did get a comment that Draco was too cheesy in one of the earlier chapters so I decided to adjust his character sligtly to make him more realisitic. I love the feedback I get from you guys, both good and bad, becuase it really helps me understand what you guys want. Also, I will not be writing sm*t but I may elude to it FAR later on.

------------------------------

I'm super excited for next year's chapter becuase of *drum roll* the Yule Ball!! Thanks once again<3