Books and Busted

I woke up feeling stiff. The floor wasn't very comfortable. I slowly decided to sit up but found myself unable to. An arm was wrapped over me. As I tracked the arm to its owner, I gasped. Malfoy lay peacefully beside me. I took a moment to watch him. Without his constant smirk and worry lines on his forehead, he looked...beautiful. Almost like an angel. His pale blonde hair was illuminated by the morning's sunlight. I was slightly mesmerized.

Then Malfoy opened one eye and smiled. "Liking what you see?" He smirked. I furiously blushed as I pushed his arm off of me. He put his arms behind his head and watched me fold my blanket and grab my pillow. "I don't know what you're talking about." I firmly said and got up to leave. He quickly shouted, "Better not let Potter know about your little crush, his heart would be broken." His words made me stop in my tracks. I walked back to Malfoy who still had that goofy smile on his face. "For your kind information, Malfoy, I don't like you. You're pathetic and just a bully, and I want nothing to do with you." I poured my anger into my words and all he did was stare and smirk. "Ugh" I rolled my eyes and left.

As days turned to weeks, I had to start avoiding Malfoy. At first, he would try and corner me in the hallways. So I had to always make sure I walked with someone. Lucky for me, Harry was always there. Then he tried jinxing me or trying to trip me. That taught me how to block hexes and jinxes easily without even looking at him. This past week he was different. He wouldn't try and talk or do anything. It was suspicious. I put that out of my mind, I was looking forward to Hogsmead tomorrow. 

I sat in the library with Harry, Ron, and Hermione. "So what are you gonna do, Harry?" I asked. He hadn't gotten his permission slip signed. He sighed. "I'll probably have to ask McGonagall." "Oh yeah good idea, ask one of the strictest teachers in school," I replied. He smiled a little. "I have no other choice." His smile disappeared. Hermione looked at me. "Hey Y/N, can you go find this book? We need it for our potions homework." She passed me a small piece of parchment. "Of course." I got up and walked around.

On the way to the shelves, I bumped into the librarian. I asked for her help. She told me that the book I was looking for was very rare and there was only one copy. She pointed me in the right direction and I went. I found the book, it had a dusty green binding. Just as I put my hand on it, someone else did at the same time. I'd recognize those cold hands with rings anywhere. He looked at me, his silver eyes piercingly harsh. I grabbed the book and held it close. "Give it here you filthy blood traitor." He spat. I turned on my heel, I didn't want to speak to him at all. Suddenly he grabbed my arm to stop me from leaving, forcing me to look back at him. 

"Did you hear what I said?" He sneered. I refused to talk to him. I tried looking directly in his eyes, but his intoxicating cologne and his fresh minty breath made it harder to stay mad at him. "I got here first. It's mine." I answered back, gripping the book tighter. His gaze softened. He looked down at my lips and softly said, "Y/N I..." He leaned in. Unknowingly, my hold on the book loosened. Malfoy took the opportunity to grab the book. He laughed and ran. "Malfoy you evil little-" I started to run after him but I was stopped by the librarian. "Miss Y/L/N, might I remind you that this is a library and you are not displaying appropriate behavior." I glared at Malfoy who stood behind her, silently smirking. "So for that reason, both of you will have detention for the next week." His smirk dropped and mine returned. "Excuse me, perhaps I heard you wrong," Malfoy started, "I thought you said the two of us?" The librarian nodded. "Both of you." She said sternly then walked away. 

"Busted". I teased as I smirked at Malfoy then walked back at my table. Hermione looked puzzled. "Sorry I couldn't get the book, Hermione, I did get detention though." I sighed sitting next to Harry, and put my head on his shoulder. He stiffened at first, then relaxed. "With Malfoy," I added. The trio then went on to talk trash about Malfoy and help me feel better, but I wasn't really listening. Somehow I knew that detention was NOT going to go well. But at least I had Hogsmead to look forward to.