39. A Filmy Entry of Santosh

Start from the beginning

'Haider, I am—' She stopped speaking as he opened the cabin door. He held the door and stood still without looking at her.

'Leave, Amaal. I said I have nothing to do with Miss. Alina,' – he looked at her, - 'and you.' He replied sternly and was about to walk inside.

'Then, why did you bother coming out, Haider.' – Amaal angrily folded her arms and glared at him. He looked at her, his eyes moist.

'It was a moment of impulse, Miss. Amaal Jaffery. And' – he gulped softly, - 'I assure you that, this won't happen again.' He said with determination and walked inside the board room meeting. Amaal gaped at him with a sinking feeling in her heart.

Haider quickly blinked back his tears and closed his eyes, taking a deep breath. After he had composed himself, he walked towards the large multi-chair table.

'Sir, you are alright?' Vinod, the head of the finance department, asked with caution and Haider just nodded. He breathed in as he sat down and passed his palm over his tie, adjusting his coat and then looked at the room at large.

'Sorry for the disturbance, gentleman. Let us continue with the work.' He said in a dry tone and a straight face. Everyone agreed and got to their work.

Haider looked ahead whilst fidgeting with his pen. He thought of Amaal. It has been one week since he had seen her. She looked the same. Dressed in white, sea green striped half sleeve tee loosely tugged out of her skinny jeans. Her wild bangs fell across her face, covering one of her beautiful green eyes. The over-sized glasses drooped till the tip of her nose. Her carefree attitude was still there. Mindlessly, a small smile crept on Haider's face, but he quickly fixed his expressions as one of the experts from the panel unintentionally coughed.

Amaal greeted Meera, Mikael, and Alina with wide smiles and warm hugs. She didn't miss the opportunity to tease Alina and her brother.

'When we first met, I hadn't thought I was looking at my future sister-in-law.' She commented, throwing an arm around her brother's waist. Alina noticed that Amaal was also tall like Mikael.

Meera demanded Alina fed Amaal some sweets from the cafeteria. Amaal also sided with Meera. Alina looked at Mikael, who just kept smiling at her. She sighed happily and nodded. Everyone took their seat as Alina walked towards the food counter.

After they were all settled, Alina asked Amaal if she met Haider. Amaal's smile dropped and she looked grim.

She exhaled deeply, - 'He didn't even want to look at me.'

Alina sighed, leaning back in her chair.

'Well, you two deserve it.' Mikael taunted them. Amaal and Alina shot a glare at him.

'Hey, Mikael. If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything.' Meera reprimanded him. But he scoffed in response.

'What happened, happened. Now,' – He leaned placing his clutched fingers on the table and spoke firmly, like a mature adult, - 'We must think of what to do next? How to pull him out of his bubble.' He spoke thoughtfully. The girls nodded.

▪⎯⎯⎯∞⎯⎯⎯▪

Haider returned home. It was extremely late around 11 in the night and he was very tired. He wanted to stay at the office even longer but knew it wasn't feasible. He just returned to sleep and then wake up early and be off to work again.

He walked through the main door, rubbing his forehead with his fingers. On the way to the stairs, he was interrupted by AK.

Slowly, he looked at his butler who stood with another man. A tall and lean man with a brown bushy walrus mustache and a sloppy hairstyle. AK cleared this throat, - 'Sir, this is Santosh Kumar.'- The other guy bowed a little, folding his palms, - 'from my village in Bihar. He is in dire need of work. Please, can you—', he hesitated, - 'hire him?' AK gulped.

Haider looked at the man. He was dressed in a blue striped loose shirt tugged out of white pajamas. He cringed at the attire. Slowly, he looked up at the man's face. He had a very baby-like face, only the mustache made him appear a little manly.

'AK!' He sighed, - 'You know we are cutting cost. That is why I had to let go of the maids and other staff except you and the cook.' Haider sounded defeated. Because of Jahangir's recklessness, they are now forced to adjust and balance the cost.

AK slightly shook his head, - 'No, sir. Santosh won't take much money. Anything you give—In fact, I will share my salary with him.'- Haider looked surprised, and before he could respond Santosh spoke.

'Sir, please.'- He spoke in a meek baritone that sounded like he had something stuck in his throat, - 'I have a widow sister and a blind mother and a paralyzed father.'- He fell to the ground and clutched Haider's leg. He jumped on the spot, but the man had fast reflexes and a strong grip.

'What the hell!'- Haider spoke over the man's pleading in the background. He looked at AK, who looked embarrassed.

'Please, please please....' The man cried in the background. Haider kept kicking his leg to free himself. After two minutes of struggle, Haider felt angry.

'Okay, Okay. Just leave my leg.' He agreed. The man huffed, freeing his leg, and then jumped on his feet.

'Thank you.' He bowed looking gratefully at him. With his fingers, Haider pushed aside the wavy strand that fell across his forehead but kept glaring at the man.

'Control this man, AK. I am tired and I don't have time for this buffoonery.' He warned AK, who nodded nervously at him. Then, without throwing another glance at Santosh, Haider climbed up the stairs. AK and Santosh looked at each other, passed a smile. Santosh winked at him.

How was the Chapter, my lovelies? And what do you think is going to be Alina and gang's plan? And who is this boy, Santosh? 

Drop your thoughts in the comments, please *smiles* and Stay Tuned for the next update *lots of love* *hugs and kisses*