Where's Your Coffee Been?

It's been a long shift for both Jennie and Doyeon. It's not even that it's been boring– the morning and afternoon rush hours started early and ended late.

"I'm dying," Jennie whines.

"I know, I know. We can close early, though," Doyeon says with a laugh. "In fact, I'll start cleaning up now so we can get out of here sooner. Think you can girl it out up here by yourself?"

Jennie sighs and nods.

Doyeon wipes up some tables and then heads to the back to check the inventory.

The front door opens and a girl dressed entirely in black walks in.

If this was a cartoon, she'd literally have a cloud over her head, Jennie muses.

"Hello, welcome to Where's Your Coffee Been," Jennie greets as brightly as she can, hoping to snap this girl out of her funk.

The girl freezes at Jennie's cheerful tone and seems to actually contemplate turning around and leaving the store. She sighs heavily and walks to the counter.

"It's too early for this," she groans.

Jennie frowns. "It's nine o'clock."

"Exactly."

"At night."

"Exactly."

Jennie lets out a huff and takes a deep breath, trying to maintain her composure. "Anyway, what can I get you?"

"Something with less judgment," she snaps.

"Sorry, that costs extra," Jennie retorts.

This seems to shock the girl a bit and she stares at Jennie. "You're feisty," she comments.

"And you still haven't told me what you want," Jennie says, offering a small smile.

She laughs. "Large coffee, black with sugar."

Jennie nods and grabs a cup and a marker. "Name?"

The girl looks around the store. "I'm the only one here."

"Name?" Jennie repeats, smug.

"Hey, Lisa," Doyeon greets, wiping down the counter as Jennie starts making the drink.

"Ah, there you are," Lisa says. "And here I was thinking I would be stuck dealing with this sassy little mandu the whole time."

"The sassy little mandu has a name," Jennie grumbles. She holds out a cup. "And now you have your coffee."

Lisa cocks her head to the side with a smirk. "But I never gave you my name," she notes, clearly checking out Jennie's name tag.

"I kinda figured that when Doyeon called you 'Lisa,' that it was your name. And I didn't want to have to deal with you any more than I had to," Jennie replies.

Doyeon lets out a snicker and pats Jennie on the head. "Down, Kim," she says, amused.

"She started it," Jennie mumbles.

"Anyway, you can go and wait in the library lobby. I'll head over for this study session after I finish up here, okay?" Doyeon says to Lisa.

She nods. "See you around, Doyeon." Her eyes wander back over to Jennie and she shoots her a wink. "Bye, cutie."

Jennie scowls at her until Lisa leaves the store.

Doyeon looks down at her and chuckles when she sees that Jennie's scowl remains.