On The Chopping Block

Jennie is a cooking YouTuber and decides to have her cooking illiterate girlfriend attempt to cook a recipe for a video.

4 parts

*****

The video opens with a shot of a clean state-of-the-art kitchen - stainless steel appliances, white marble countertops, and black cabinets. There are a few moments of silence before a warm laugh can be heard off camera, followed by a hushed conversation. There's a cut, and Jennie is standing on the other side of the counter. She's smiling, looking off camera as a ragdoll jumps up onto the counter. There's another cut and Jennie is now holding the cat, looking at the camera. Her hair is pulled back into a ponytail and she's wearing a grey tee with "Modern Day Blacksmith" on it.

"Welcome to Lunch with Jennie. My name's Jennie. Let's make some lunch."

The screen changes to white with a simple graphic of a spatula and wooden spoon crossing each other, an JK at the crossing point and the channel name beneath. The video cuts back to Jennie, the cat absent this time.

"Hey everyone! Hope you all are having a good day. As you can tell by my lack of apron," Jennie gestures to her general torso area, "and by the video title, you can probably tell that I'm doing something a bit different today. Typically, I make videos showing off different recipes or even showing you all cooking tips and tricks that can benefit everyone from beginner to professional. Today, however, we have a special guest!"

There's another cut and a blonde haired woman jumps into frame next to Jennie. She's wearing a white tee with a grater illustration on the pocket. She smiles and waves to the camera, "Hey there viewers!"

"For those of you who don't know her, this is Lisa Manoban from Modern Day Blacksmith." Jennie gestures to the blonde as she says her name.

"I'm also her girlfriend."

Jennie smiles, turning to look at Lisa, "Yes, that too. But, before we get too much into the video, why don't you tell us a bit about your channel."

Lisa claps her hands together, "So, as Jennie said, I'm one of the brains and hands behind the channel Modern Day Blacksmith. My friend Jinyoung Park and I make swords, knives, axes, and all other sorts of stuff. We make historical stuff for renaissance fairs and nerdier stuff for comic and anime conventions."

"If you'd like to check them out, the link to the channel is up here," Jennie points to what would be the top right corner of the video, "and down in the description below." Lisa points down, doing a little dance as she does.

"Anyways," Jennie said with a laugh as she bats at Lisa's hands, which had turned and started poking her in the side, "Lisa loves the food I make her, but she's not that greatest cook herself." Lisa feigns offense and Jennie just shrugs, "It's true. Due to this, I thought it would be a fun video if I set her loose in the kitchen and gave her a recipe to follow."

"And for some reason, I agreed to this humiliation," Lisa looked at Jennie, "What recipe will I be screwing up today?"

"Today, Lisa, you will be attempting a one pan meal with sausage and vegetables."

Jennie snaps her fingers and suddenly the counter is covered with a sheet pan, a roll of aluminum foil, several types of vegetables, a package of sausage, a collection of spices, and various cooking utensils.

"Think you can handle all of this?" Jennie asks Lisa, her eyebrow cocked in a challenge.

"I've crafted swords almost as big as you. I think I can handle some vegetables." Lisa grabbed a red bell pepper, tossing it up and catching it, giving Jennie a confident smile. Jennie hands over the recipe to Lisa, "If you need me, I'll be right behind the camera."