20/20

Jennie browses the different frames on the shelf as she waits for her name to be called. Her vision has been blurring lately and she thinks it's a result of being in front of the computer for 18 hours and reading in the dark with only her cellphone as a light source. She had stubbornly refused to visit an optician because my vision is perfectly fine, I don't need glasses, and I can see where I'm going. That was until she hit a post because she didn't see it even though it's in front of her (in her defense, she didn't see it because she was distracted with her phone).

And that's how she ended up at an optical shop at ten in the morning, because her roommate, Jisoo, locked her out of their flat until she comes back with glasses on. This is for your own good Jennie, she told her. I don't want you tripping over the couch, I mean how will I explain to the emergency room that you broke your neck because you have such a huge ego?

"Have you picked a pair?" The saleslady asks behind her.

Jennie shakes her head. The saleslady opens the shelf and hands her a pair with square lens, and a thick frame. Jennie puts it on and checks herself out at the mirror. Upon seeing her reflection she grimaces, she looks like a hipster minus the plaid shirt that's two sizes bigger, weird taste in art, a cup of Starbucks, and an iPhone. She takes the glasses of and hands it back. "Maybe something a little smaller?"

The saleslady hands her another pair, this one has rectangular lens and a thin frame. It reminded her of her dad's glasses. Jennie puts it on and turns back to the mirror, she looks like she's aged ten years older. She takes it off and hands it back. For someone who doesn't want to wear glasses she sure is picky.

Her eyes scan the different frames again. They land on a pair with rectangular lens and a thick black frame. She points it to the saleslady. "Oh, can I try that one?" The saleslady takes the pair from the shelf and hands it to her. Jennie puts it on and turns to the mirror for the third time. Not bad, she thinks. They're not too big and it actually looks nice on her. She takes it off and hands it back with a smile. "I'll take this one."

"Great!" The saleslady exclaims. "I'll just inform Dr. Manoban that you're ready to pick out your lens." She walks to the back of the shop with the pair in her hands, leaving Jennie alone.

After a few seconds the saleslady walks out the door. "Dr. Manoban will see you now."

Jennie makes her way to the back, to what looks like the examination room. There's the eye chart on the wall, and a huge chair to her left with some sort of contraption attached to it. The Dr. Manoban has her back to her and she's rifling through some lenses at the shelf in front of her.

"Uhm." Jennie clears her throat. Dr. Manoban turns around and Jennie's eyes go wide. Did she hit her head on the door and die? Because holy crap Dr. Manoban looks like a freaking angel. Jennie doesn't need 20/20 vision to see that the woman in front of her is absolutely gorgeous. Dr. Manoban raises her eyebrows and Jennie realizes that she's been staring. Jennie blushes and mumbles an apology.

Dr. Manoban gestures to the chair. "Have a seat, I'll be with you in a minute." Jennie nods and takes a seat in the chair. Her eyes wander over the Doctor who's currently looking at some papers. When she moves Jennie swore she could see skinny jeans and combat boots under her white lab coat. Is that even allowed? Jennie muses. Is someone that good looking even allowed to be a doctor? Jennie isn't convinced that she's really an optician, she looks like someone who struts the runaway for a living.

"Okay," Dr. Manoban points to the eye chart at the end of the room. "Can you read the first letter?"

"E." It isn't that hard, it's really big and Jennie's eyesight isn't that bad.