Some killer queen you are , part 3

III. Never thought we'd take it that far

"Okay, so. Truth or dare?"

"This is a stupid game. What, is this a twelve year old girl's birthday party or something?"

"You promised we'd play." The slightest edge of a pout was audible in Lisa's voice, and Jennie was powerless to it.

Jennie groaned. She had indeed promised to play truth or dare, but it wasn't fair to spring a question on someone mid-makeout session. "Fine. Dare."

"Hmmm." The call fell silent, the only sound the steady rhythm of Lisa's breathing. "I dare you to..." She paused, and Jennie could hear a finger tapping against what she assumed was Lisa's wall. "...Put hot sauce on your ice cream."

"You want me to ruin perfectly good ice cream? Coffee ice cream?"

"Just a bite!"

Jennie grumbled as she tucked her phone into the waistband of her pajama shorts and trudged into the kitchen. She should have known that Lisa wouldn't respect the sanctity of coffee ice cream; her favorite ice cream flavors were cookie dough and butter pecan.

They'd been on call since ten p.m, and it was almost three in the morning now - no video, just audio. At first Jennie had questioned it, but now she understood; it was somehow more intimate to imagine Lisa's face than to actually see it, picturing the sparkle in her eyes as she argued with Jennie, strands of hair escaping from her polished ponytail. It made the whole call feel like a sweet dream, made the reality of waking up in the morning seem years away instead of hours.

Plus, Jennie's phone had shitty video quality.

"What kind of hot sauce do you want me to use?" She asked when she had prepared a large bowl of coffee ice cream. She figured that if it was already going to be eaten, she might as well enjoy some.

"There are multiple kinds?"

"Duh." Jennie stuck out her tongue, forgetting that Lisa couldn't see her. "I have habanero, green chile, sriracha, Louisiana, chipo-"

"Louisiana," Lisa said quickly before Jennie could list any more types. "That's the kind they use on home fries, right?"

"Ding ding ding," Jennie replied, pleasantly surprised. "Good job, princess. Turns out you know something after all."

Lisa scoffed, the speed of her tapping increasing. "Shut up and eat your hot sauce covered ice cream."

"Only one spoonful," Jennie warned as she pulled the Louisiana hot sauce from her fridge.

"Only one spoonful," Lisa agreed. "But make it a big one."

Jennie sighed loudly as she scooped her large spoonful of coffee ice cream (she was a bit of a sucker, maybe) and drizzled it with the hot sauce. "Are you really gonna make me eat this?"

"What, are you too chicken?"

And in her voice, there was just enough of a challenge for Jennie to scoff and eat the whole spoonful in one bite.

It burned going down, but once it reached her stomach, Jennie found she didn't mind the aftertaste as much as she thought she would. In fact, it was actually kind of... good?

"Mmmm," she said, pulling the spoon out of her mouth with a loud pop. "Deeeelicious. What a treat."

"You disturb me," Lisa said, unable to hold back a laugh.

"Says the girl who's eaten a bowl of ramen doused in chocolate syrup."

"Yes, but I didn't enjoy it."