I've had the time of my life (and I owe it all to you), part 2

Jennie goes to rehearsal every day.

And every day that she goes, she sees Lisa there. Sometimes, she's there when Lisa has classes, and during those times, she always looks toward the auditorium door every time it opens to see if it's Lisa strolling in after a class. She only does it when Jinyoung and Jisoo are not around, though, because they'll definitely make fun of her for it.

She'll never admit it to anyone.

But eventually, Lisa will come in with a smile, and make a beeline for the backstage area where Jennie is. Sometimes, Jinyoung is there with her too, but since he works mostly on sound, he occasionally can be found playing games on his phone in the sound booth. Jisoo, wanting to make the most of her senior year, takes more classes than them, so she only comes a few times a week.

Whenever Lisa attends rehearsal, Jennie gets to know her a little better.

They play the back and forth game, and every time, Jennie forgets to ask Lisa about her life dream. And by the time she actually remembers, Lisa already has to rehearse her lines with Mino and the rest of the cast. Besides that one question, however, she gets to know about Lisa's favorite movies, books and hobbies. She finds that talking to Lisa is easy – way easier than she expected it to be. Considering the fact that she nearly passed out the first time they interacted, she thinks that she's made a lot of progress thus far.

Jisoo was right – it gets easier. Her heart still skips a beat when she sees Lisa, but she doesn't have difficulty talking to her or coming up with things to say anymore. Conversation flows easily, and they seem to connect in a way that Jennie knows is rare. It's rare to be able to understand someone just by the expression on their face, but after about six weeks of seeing Lisa every day, she finds that she can read her better now.

She can read the crinkle between Lisa's brows when she's upset, and the small downward curl in her lips when she's tired. She can read the way Lisa's eyes are just a little dimmer when her smile is forced, and the way Lisa's eyes light up when she's talking about something she's passionate about. When Jennie mentions anything about Lisa's friends and family, she sees the way Lisa's smile grows, and her hands move more, and it's so unbelievably obvious that she loves them more than anything.

She comes to realize that the more she gets to know Lisa better, the more comfortable she feels around her.

Not only that, but she finds herself falling for Lisa.

Which isn't a bad thing, per se; but it can make things very difficult for her sometimes, especially when she gets this inexplicable urge to just lean forward and kiss Lisa in the middle of a conversation, for no reason other than the fact that she looks beautiful – which she always does, so really, the urge is there more often than Jennie would like. Not that she even wants to have this urge to begin with.

And watching Lisa rehearse doesn't make things easier for her, by any means. Lisa is an excellent actress, and she recites her lines perfectly. It makes Jennie wonder if maybe she practices her lines in her free time, and then she starts to imagine Lisa pacing back and forth in her dorm room, reading the lines out. Then Jennie feels like asking her if she needs help rehearsing, just so she can help Lisa and be Romeo at the same time – until she remembers that it's insanely cliché and probably a terrible idea.

Lisa seems to have her lines down already anyway, if the way she's acting her part out perfectly is anything to by.

"Okay, that'll be all for now," Dara says when they finish the scene. "Now that we're about eight weeks away from the performance day, it's time we do costume fitting," she announces. "Lisa, Sana, please go to Jiyoung and Jennie for fitting. Everyone else, the other crew members will settle. Jisoo, please supervise." Then she goes back to writing whatever she's writing, like she never said anything to begin with.