Twelve: Settle Down

I ran into the Carson's with a bright smile on my face. Freddie and I were in good terms now, and he was even joining us to New York! I couldn't wait to tell Elliot, Julian, and Rori. Oh, how exciting everything will be!

It was quite late when I got home, though, so I knew everyone would be in bed. I took my coat off and placed it on the rack. Immediately I realized that the television was on. Upon closer inspection, I realized that Rori was once again asleep on the couch.

Rori looked so beautiful, even when she was asleep. Since I first saw her I thought she was the most beautiful thing in the world. Will is beautiful, don't get me wrong, but Rori has a natural beauty. She's absolutely stunning, and sometimes I can't take my eyes off her.

I didn't want to leave her on the couch all night, so I scooped her into my arms, trying my hardest not to wake her up. She stirred a little, but I was able to carry her in my arms. I took her up the stairs and into her bedroom, laying her down on the bed. I pulled the sheet over her.

Suddenly, I started to lean in to kiss her forehead, but caught myself halfway through. I didn't want to startle her, first off, and second, that's just weird. But I had this sudden urge to kiss her, and I didn't know why.

I took a deep sigh before I started to walk out of the bedroom. With my hand on the doorknob, I was ready to go clean up any mess that Rori left in the living room.

"Daniel?"

Startled, I turned around, only to find Rori sitting up straight in the bed. She reached over and turned on the light on, fully exposing me standing in her doorway.

"Hi Rori." I mumbled. "I didn't mean to wake you, I'm so sorry-"

"Did you carry me to bed?" Rori asked as she rubbed her eyes. "What time is it?"

"Yes, I did. And it's," I checked my beloved watch, "twelve thirty-three in the morning."

Rori, with her big eyes, looked at me as I stood sheepishly in the doorway. Her lips stayed flat as she held her gaze.

"I'm guessing you just came back from Freddie's." Rori said plainly.

I nodded. "Bingo."

Rori nodded, almost as if she was uninterested all of the sudden. "Glad your back safely."

"Aren't you going to ask how it went?" I questioned.

Rori shrugged as she let her ponytail loose. "It's none of my business."

That's when I narrowed my eyes at her. "Are you upset?"

"Me, upset? Never. You're business with Freddie is none of my concern." Rori tutted.

"It was last night." I quipped.

Rori paused, almost as if she was caught in the middle of her crime. "I-I-"

"Uh-huh, you do care. You're just upset." I moved over and took a seat on the edge of the bed. "So, tell me Rori, what's bothering your pretty little mind."

"Nothing!" Rori exclaimed with a little smirk. "Now will you quite with that?"

"Not until you tell me what's wrong." I stated calmly.

"I'm upset that you and Freddie are getting close again, okay?!" Rori snapped.

I was taken back. "But I thought you were in support of us rekindling."

"As friends, yes."

"What do you mean-"

"I don't want to talk about it." Rori snapped.