Twenty-Four: Everything Will Be Okay

"They are so fucking annoying!"

I walked straight to Freddie's liquor cabinet, trying to find something to drink. Peter and Freddie were right on my heels. Peter removed the liquor from my hands as soon as I was about to open it.

"What the hell?"

"You do not need this right now." Peter said sternly, closing the cabinet in front of me.

My hand was soon grabbed afterwards by Freddie as he dragged me away towards the living area. He turned around, facing me when we stopped.

"What the hell is your problem?!" Freddie hissed at me.

"I told you in the car exactly what my problem is!" I exclaimed.

Freddie shook his head. "That's fucking bullshit."

I scoffed. "Excuse me?"

"You are so far up your own ass that you aren't looking around at the scene you've caused for everyone else!" Freddie yelled.

"I am not up my own ass-"

"Really? Then tell me why you're upset?" Freddie crossed his arms.

"I'm upset because Elliot and Julian think that we are taking things too fast! They think that I'm not ready!" I said, flailing my arms everywhere.

"Well, are you?"

I looked at Freddie, keeping my eyes locked with his. "What?"

"Are you ready to be with me?" Freddie quizzed, his eyes signaling no emotions.

I swallowed whatever was in my mouth. "I-I-"

Freddie sighed, turning around and walking away. I saw his hands move towards his face before they were brought down again. Freddie turned around, his brown eyes once again conveying no emotion.

"Maybe, Daniel, I should have left you in your apartment," Freddie inquired. "I cannot stand you loosing your mind over every single fucking thing."

I was taken back by Freddie's sudden change in demeanor.

"I don't think the two of us- no, you, I don't think you've calmed down since we first met up. When is it going to stop?" Freddie asked.

"I-I- I can make it stop, right now! I swear Freddie, I can!" I panicked, stepping closer to him.

Freddie took a step back. "Don't come near me."

I dropped all of the emotions that I had once let out and felt my heart shattering before me. Freddie just shook his head, turned around, and walked away. I didn't even try to go after him. I just stood pathetically in the middle of his living area, watching him walk away.

Freddie was right, he should have just left me at my apartment. There I could have thought about everything without hurting anyone's feelings.

Especially Freddie's...

Everything around me felt like it was just being torn down once again. The whole depressive cycle, the cycle of ruining everything for everyone.

I could have screamed at this moment, but I didn't. I walked somberly over to the kitchen where Peter stood. He glanced at me quickly before continuing with what he was previously doing. I sat down at the island, my hands going through my hair as I kept my elbows on the counter.

"Tell me, Peter, am I a bad person?" I muttered through my arms.

"No, you're not a bad person." Peter replied.

I scoffed. "Yeah right."

"Well, you're the one who asked." Peter said.

I lifted my hand, placing my palms against the counter. "How the hell am I even alive right now? I mean, I've killed so many people, literally and figuratively."