Eight: Funeral Pt. 2

"Oh. My. God."

I took a step back, fumbling with the sink as Freddie and I kept our eyes locked. There he stood, right in front of me, and his upper lip curled into a deep frown.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Freddie asked, placing his hands into his pockets.

"I would ask you the same question, but, by the looks of it, we both know why." I quipped with a smirk.

"Don't start." Freddie snapped, which caused my mouth to clamp. "How do you know Julian and Elliot?"

"They're my friends."

Freddie scoffed. "For real, Sandy-"

"It's Daniel." I stated firmly. "And, yes, believe it or not, they are my friends. Been my friends for five years now after I met Mickey."

Now it was Freddie who had his jaw slacked open. "You're just saying-"

"I already told you believe it or not. Now, if you excuse me, I have to join back with the friends and family of the dead because I just lost my boyfriend."

I tossed my paper towel in the trash, passing by Freddie as I went towards the door. Suddenly, his hand gripped my arm, stopping me from going anywhere. I looked down at my arm, something shooting through my veins as I brought my eyes up to meet his.

Freddie's brown orbs were flickering all over my face. The corner of his lips suddenly frowned as if he was upset.

"You look like shit." Freddie muttered under his breath.

"Thanks. That's the third person who's said that to me today." I replied in an off tone. "Now, if you'll excuse me-"

The bathroom door swung open and Will stood at the door. Daniel! Freddie's-"

Her eyes flickered between the two of us. Freddie quickly removed his hand from my arm as I stepped away from him, fixing my shirt sleeve.

"Oh, well, looks like you two seem to have reunited." Will laughed uncomfortably.

"We did." I agreed bluntly. "But I have to get back."

I walked passed Will, not giving Freddie a second glance. God, this day couldn't get any worse.

I ran my hand through my hair one last time as I rejoined next to Elliot. Thank god there was a wait at Julian, who was talking to someone. Elliot looked over at me, his hand rubbing my upper arm.

"Everything alright? You look tense?" He asked.

"I'm fine." I replied, adjusting myself in my shirt. I'm the corner of my eye, I saw Freddie go sit in one of the rows, sitting next to a man as his eyes met mine quickly. "Just- this day couldn't get any worse."

The line started again as I shook hands with the sympathetic people who walked passed. The entire time, though, I could feel Freddie's eyes on me. My frustration was starting to rise slowly. Maybe I just need a nap. I haven't slept well at all in the last two days.

Our hour of shaking hands ended, and the funeral was to begin. The priest made us walk from the back of the church to the front, where we took our seats and prayed right away.