Ten: Settling the Fights

Happy birthday Freddie! I hope they're treating you wonderfully up there. I hope you spend a wild, fun, and loving birthday 🎁🎉 We all miss you ♥️

*~*~*~

The sun peaking through the blinds woke me up. I squinted, then suddenly realized that both Rori and I fell asleep on the sofa. I looked down to see her wrapped up in my lap, her head resting next to my knees. I smiled down at her, then carefully removed her from me as I got up.

My legs were really sore, but felt better as I made my way to the kitchen. Elliot stood by the stove, turning with a large smile on his face when he saw me.

"Good morning Prince Charming." Elliot greeted.

"Good morning." I chuckled. "What's with the nickname."

"Oh nothing. Just looks like you and Rori are becoming close." Elliot gushed.

I rolled my eyes as I opened the refrigerator. "We're only friends."

"Yes, and that's what I said about Julian before I saw his firm ass in his underwear-"

"Okay, okay!" I exclaimed with a laugh. "I get your point."

Elliot flashed me a bright smile before pointing at a plate on the counter. "I made bacon because I knew you would like it."

"Thank you, but I will not be taking any at the moment." I said.

Elliot gasped offensively. "I do one nice thing for you and you don't even appreciate it. I see how you are."

"It's not that," I laughed. "I need to make a phone call." I stated, grabbing some grapes before making my way towards the phone.

"Who are you calling this early?"

"Freddie. Do you know his number?"

"It's in the booklet over there," he motioned towards the table by the window. "Why are you calling him so soon?"

"I'm going to ask him for dinner."

"You're not going to take him under your wing are you?" Elliot asked seriously.

"No, I'm not." I replied mockingly. "I want to settle things with him." I said, flipping through the pages to find Freddie's number.

"Already?"

I nodded my head, taking the booklet to the phone. "I think he deserves a little apology."

"Little is over exaggerating, don't you think?" Elliot asked, placing his fresh baked eggs on a large plate.

I smirked towards Elliot as I dialed the number. "Don't you think you're the one exaggerating?"

"I don't know the meaning of the word." Elliot quipped before shooting me a wink.

I rolled my eyes with a chuckle before placing the phone to my ear. The line started to ring, making me feel anxious. After the third ring, someone picked up the phone.

"Mercury residence."

That's definitely not Freddie. "Uh, yes, is Freddie there?"

"Yes, hold on one moment."

The line was silent for at least thirty seconds before I heard the phone being picked up.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Freddie, it's Daniel."

"Daniel?! How did you get my number?" Freddie asked shockingly.

"I'm friends with the Carson's remember?" I chuckled.