Twenty: Reassurance

I'm sorry in advance for not uploading in such a long time. I also apologize for such a short chapter.

Life has been so fucking busy on my end and I have not had any room to sit down and write. I sincerely apologize for my lack of writing.

I promise there will be more Freddie and Daniel soon! For now, enjoy this short chapter :)

Oh, and Happy Valentine's Day!!! 💞

***

Freddie fell beside me on the bed, his chest raising and falling at a heavy pace. I was on my back, staring up at the ceiling with my arm wrapped over my chest. After the huge wave of ecstasy I just relived, I could fall asleep.

I sat up and dropped my feet over the edge of the bed. I needed to shower, and badly. I turned my head around, to see Freddie still asleep. His lips were slightly parted, his teeth poking out. He looked so good at the moment, and he seemed at much more at peace then when we first met.

With a small smile, I faced forward again and got onto my feet, making my way to the bathroom to wipe away all the gross product that was shot onto me. Not only that, but our flight to leave New York was tomorrow. So, I might as well get an early welcome to the shower.

While whistling La Vie en Rose, I finished my shower quite early before exiting out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my waist. I nearly had a heart attack, though, when I noticed Freddie sitting upright in the bed.

"Oh my fucking Lord," I gasped, clutching my chest.

The side lamp flickered on and Freddie's bare body illuminated. "Did I scare you?"

"What do you think?" I replied sarcastically, holding the end of the towel in my fist.

Freddie looked me up and down. "Why are you up?"

"Isn't my soaking wet hair obvious?" I asked.

"You usually don't shower late, so I was asking." Freddie retorted.

I nodded my head as I took a seat on the edge of the bed, reaching down into my luggage and pulling out a fresh pair of under garments. As I was putting them on, I felt Freddie's hand grasp my shoulder.

"Daniel, is everything alright?"

I nodded my head. "Everything's great! Why are you asking?"

Freddie sighed behind me. I knew he probably shook his head, not believing me. "Tell me the truth."

"I am telling you the truth! If I give you any more of the truth, the world might explode," I joked.

Freddie, on the other hand, did not find it funny. His hand was removed from my shoulder as I heard shuffling happening behind me. I cleared my throat, taking my brush and quickly running it through my blonde locks.

Next thing I knew, Freddie came around the corner of the bed and sat right next to me. His hands sat folded in his lap as his brown eyes, reflecting the light of the lampshade behind us, stared right onto my face.

"Daniel, there is something bothering you, and I can't help you if you don't tell-"

"We have to go home, Freddie, that's the problem." I snapped.

It seemed to hit Freddie by what I meant. His eyes fell to the floor as he played with his fingers.

"I'm sure everything will be okay-"

"How do you know that for sure, Freddie? I know, right now, this whole week, in New York, we were having the time of our lives. We could escape and be ourselves once again. But, going back to England, we have to face reality."