DEVIL FROM THE PAST

Theresa Salvatore

Next morning, everyone wakes up as late as they want. Today we are just going to relax at home, maybe play a few games and go to the pool in the evening.

I'm the first one to wake up so I decide to make some brunch for everyone. I don't wake Hardin and quietly make my way to the kitchen. I've made bacon, eggs, pancakes, hash browns and french toast. Maybe I made a little too much but the three boys eat a lot. So I think they'll finish most of it.

I go upstairs and decide to finally wake Hardin as it's already noon.

"Hardin, wake up, it's pretty late," I sit on the bed, next to him, and whisper in his ear.

He mumbled something in his sleep and turns on his stomach and goes back to sleep. Why is it always such a task to wake this guy up?

"Baby, wake up, please, I've made brunch for you. It'll get cold," I rub his back slowly and he finally turns around and opens his eyes to look at me.

"Good morning baby," he says in a sleepy voice but exaggerates on the word 'baby'.

"Come on, get up," I try to hide my blush but fail miserably.

"I liked that," he says with a huge smirk.

"Liked what?"

"When you called me 'baby'," he wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me close to him to cuddle.

"I said so much, and you just caught onto that?" I raise an eyebrow at him. This guy is something else. He didn't even listen to me when I told him I made brunch.

"The rest didn't matter to me," he gives me a kiss and I push him back.

"Go brush your teeth and come down," I get up and walk out of the room, leaving Hardin behind who's laughing like crazy.

When I reach the dining table, I see that the others are already there, busy eating as if they haven't eaten for days.

"Looks like y'all found your food," I comment sarcastically and they laugh.

"We were just super hungry. Thanks for the brunch. By the way, where's Hardin?" Trevor asks with a mouthful of eggs and I can't help but chuckle.

"He's coming. I just woke him up. Oh there he is," I see Hardin coming downstairs.

Hardin piles up his plate with everything possible and starts eating.

"So, what's the plan for the day," Daniel asks after sometime.

"We were supposed to go to the pool right?" Hardin asks.

"Yes, let's go to the pool and then maybe watch a movie," I have no mood working today. I want today to be a relaxed day.

My phone vibrates and I pick it up to check who's message it is. I receive a message from Nick. I haven't heard from his since we got back. He must have been busy.

Hey bestfriend!!
Sorry I didn't text you earlier even though I knew you were back. I was just super busy. Today I have my last meeting, so maybe tomorrow or day after I'll come and meet you!
Super happy that you are back! Need to celebrate your birthday and party! Can't wait to meet you! See you soon! Love you!