DOUBLE DATE

Theresa Salvatore

My phone has constantly been beeping for the past ten minutes. It's only 9:30 am. Today is an off day, I wonder who has been texting me. Lydia, why is she texting me. I'm about to text her back but instead she calls me this time.

I answer the call, "Get ready and meet me downstairs with Hardin in an hour!"

"What! Why?" This girl is crazy. She never tells me anything in advance.

She demands, "No more questions. See you in an hour. Bye!"

Before I could say anything she hung up. Ugh. Now I'll have to wake Hardin.

I finally get up from my bed and knock on the connecting door. After five minutes of continuous knocking, I realize he's not a morning person and it's going to be difficult to wake him up. I finally decide to enter the room without waiting any longer.

Hardin is far asleep on his bed, in his boxers. He has so many tattoos. They are really pretty.

I sit on the bed, next to him and watch him sleep for sometime. I don't want to wake him up but Lydia has left me with no other choice.

His hair strands covering his forehead and eyes, a smile on his face as if he is having a nice dream. I want to run my fingers through his soft hair.

Just as I'm about to do that he wakes, "What the fuck? What are you doing here? And why are you staring, you creep!"

Damn. He looks angry. Maybe I should have just called him. This was a bad idea. I start regretting it and he starts laughing. What is wrong with this guy? First he shouts at me and now he's laughing.

"What? Why are you laughing?"

"Just look at your face. You look so scared. I was joking. But seriously why were you staring, it's creepy."

"Well, you looked cute while sleeping and I didn't want to wake you up. But Lydia has left me with no choice," I shrug.

He covers his face with a pillow and says, "First of all, this is the last time you are calling me cute. Do that one more time and I'm not talking to you. And what choice did Lydia give you?"

I remove the pillow from his face, "You have forty-five minutes to get ready. So get up and go! That is the option Lydia gave me. So now hurry up!"

"Someone's demanding!" He says while raising his eyebrow at me.

"Yes I am! Now quick. I'm going to get ready," I chuckle and leave his room.

I go back to my room and start getting dressed. Lydia asked me to dress casually, so I decide to wear black shorts with a white crop top and black converse.

While I'm doing my hair, I notice Hardin standing behind me with his jaw dropped on the floor.

"You.. you look beautiful!" he says nervously as though he's never complimented me before.

I chuckle and say,"Thank you and you can close your mouth!" He just shakes his head in return.

I notice how similar our clothing is today. He is also wearing a white shirt, black jeans with black converse. Definitely Lydia is going to comment on it but he looks so hot in it. I can't take my eyes off of him. He doesn't seem to realise our clothing and how head to toe we are twinning.