GAME NIGHT

Theresa Salvatore

Daniel confirms that today is game night and asks us to meet in the hotel clubhouse. We reach the hotel, freshen up and leave for the game night.

The first game we play is table tennis. Nick and I in one team while Hardin and Trevor in another. We don't know to play it correctly but we try and cheat a little and tease Hardin and Trevor. We can't lose, they know how to play it very well. They keep calling us 'cheaters' and we giggle and continue playing. It's nice to see Hardin and Nick laughing and bonding.

We play a few more games like pool and air hockey. After the games we all are tierd and we sit on the couches in the room. I suggest playing taboo. It's a relaxing game. We don't have to do much in it, just act and I can do the acting part and they can guess.

Nick gives me a word, the word is 'Black suit'.

I walk towards Hardin in a dramatic way and touch his chest, he's wearing a black shirt.

"What are you doing?" Hardin says with a smirk.

"Can't you see?" I say returning his smirk.

Trevor shouts, "Black suit".

"See Hardin your team player is smart, unlike you" I touch the tip of his nose and he rolls his eyes.

We laugh and I look at Nick who is clearly very angry at what just happened.

Nick says in a sarcastic tone, "So what I don't meet you for a couple of weeks and now you are best friends with my so called brother?"

"What! No! That's nonsense. Nick it's nothing like that. We are just trying to be friends because we work together," I try to tell him but he isn't taking it.

"Doesn't look like 'just friends' to me."

"Nick, please? It's nothing like that, I can assure you that. Please can we not ruin your time here and just forget it?"

"Fine," he replies in an irritated tone.

I go and stand in front of him. "Promise me that you'll stay calm for the next few days?" I ask while hugging him.

"Cool. Anything for you Tess," he hugs me back. He finally called me 'Tess' which means he's not mad at me and I smile looking up at him.

All of us have dinner together in the dining area. I sit between Nick and Hardin to avoid any sort of arguments. These two can be difficult at times. I hope they bond a little in the next few days.

After dinner we go to our rooms. All the rooms in the hotel are currently booked. I turn to Nick and say, "You can stay in my room, the others are booked, after all it would be fun!"

Before Nick can even reply Hardin says, "Tess it's fine. Nick can stay in my room, it's no big deal."

Nick's jaw drops in shock. Looks like Hardin is jealous and that's the only reason he is asking him to move into his room. I don't know how Nick will react. I hope they don't get into a fight.

"No thank you. I don't need your sudden concern Hardin," Nick rudely replies.

Oh god, not again. What caused this hate between these boys? Nick never talks about Hardin in front of me. I want to know what happened. I need to know.

Nick grabs my hand and we enter my room. Hardin enters his room from his door and I had completely forgotten about the connecting door and that I left the door open this morning. Shit. Everything is definitely going to go downhill tonight.

At first Nick doesn't realise but when Hardin opens his closet the door makes a noise and Nick's head snaps up to look at the connecting door. Nicks chest rises and falls in anger. He stares at Hardin in anger and then turns to look back at me. I just stand there like I statue. I don't have an explanation to whatever is going on.

"Look who decided to not mention that they have connecting rooms!" Nick shouts and I'm scared because he has never raised his voice at me like this. Even when we had a fight the last time his voice wasn't this loud.