BRIGHT MORNING

Theresa Salvatore

I wake up to the bright sun beaming through the window. Last night I must have forgotten to close the curtains. All I remember from last night are some blurry images of my fight with Nick. I didn't even realise when I fell asleep.

I try to get up to close the curtains but then notice the strong arms wrapped around my waist. I rub my eyes and notice that it's Hardin, just in his boxers, peacefully sleeping beside me. Oh my god! And just then everything from last night comes flashing back.

I try to move but his grip is very tight. Our legs are entwined together. I wait for sometime and watch him sleep. He looks much younger like this, his hair falling on his forehead and a small smile on his beautiful face. I can stare at him like this for hours.

After fifteen minutes I look at the clock and realise that we are already late for the shoot, and I need to get ready. I try to move without waking him up. But he's already awake.

With a smirk he wishes, "Good morning, beautiful!"

I can't help but smile at him, "Good morning, grumpy!"

He pouts likes a small baby and it's too cute to ignore.

"So cute," I touch the bridge of his nose and he scrunches it.

"I'm not cute. Don't call me that. I don't like it and it doesn't suit my personality," he pouts again.

I like annoying him, so I say, "Okay cutie, but we are late. Go take a shower and meet me down. I'll go and meet Nick".

He pulls me closer and starts tickling until I agree to not call him cute again. I quickly move his arms from my waist and run towards the door.

"Goodbye cutie!" I say with a small chuckle and close the bathroom door.

I am nervous about Nick's reaction. I hope he has calmed down by now. I take a quick shower and dress in blue jeans and a white t-shirt, towel dry my hair and go to Trevor's room. I knock at the door and Nick opens it.

"Good morning, Nickie," I say in a nervous tone hoping that he'll calm down because of the use of my words.

"Good morning,Tessie!" He says with a smile and I relax.

I hope things become normal between us but I need to explain everything to him. I can see that Trevor is asleep so I pull Nick to the corner of the room so we can talk.

"We need to talk and I need to tell everything that happened," I say in a low voice and he nods.

"Yes, I know. Spill! Fast! I'm excited!"

I'm a little confused with his sudden excitement but it's good that he's not angry anymore.

"So, the day we got here, I was angry about the connecting room and I created a huge scene at the hotel by calling the manager, receptionist and Daniel," I sigh and look at him.

"Wow Tess! Didn't know you hated Hardin that much. Would have been so fun to watch you create a scene," he bursts into laughter.

I give him an angry look and he apologises and asks me to continue. I tell him the rest of the story, how I agreed to stay in the room, how I irritate Hardin and everything.

He finally smiles and pulls me into a hug. I let out a sigh of relief.

"I have missed you so much, you have no idea. After last night, I thought you won't talk to me and leave early morning."

"I have missed you too. I'm sorry about last night. I was just scared that the past might repeat itself but I definitely wish I could see you irritating Hardin. I would love to see that."