BONFIRE

(Bonus Chapter)

Theresa Salvatore

All four of us are sitting are in our chalet and we are watching a romcom. We love romcoms. We watch it all the time when we are together. We pause the movie for a minute because I need to use the restroom. When I return from the washroom the phone in our room starts ringing. Nick picks up the phone.

"Hello"

"Hello sir, I'm calling from the reception. A bonfire has been arranged today at 9pm. We would like to invite y'all for it as it is your last night here."

"Oh thank you. I'll talk to my friends and see if can attend it. Thanks a lot for the invitation. Bye." Nick tells him and all of us are confused.

"What have they arranged?" I ask Nick.

"They have arranged a bonfire at 9. They called to invite us as it is out last night here. Do y'all wanna go?" He asks us.

I think bonfire would be great but I don't know of Trevor and Lydia want to go. I want for them to reply.

"It's pretty cold right now. I think a bonfire fire would be great" Lydia and Trevor say in unison. I laugh whenever this happen and it happens often. Soul mates. That is what these two are.

"Come on then, let's get dressed it's already 8:45" I tell them and all of us get ready and leave for the bonfire.

The bonfire looks amazing. There are fairy lights everywhere making it look so peaceful and warm. It's very cozy. I'm glad I wore a thick coat. It's really cold today and bonfire is the perfect solution to it.

Lydia and Trevor are already in a cozy and comfy position all cuddling up. They are very cute but somewhere I'm also jealous of them. I have always wanted a relationship like theirs. After my last one I don't think I'm ever gonna be down to date again.

Nick and I sit a little far away from them to give them some privacy. We discuss about our plans about what we'll do after the vacation. As we are talking Nick gets a professional call and he tells me he'll be back in a few minutes.

I go closer to the bonfire and enjoy the warmth of it. There are very few people at the bonfire most of them from the entertainment industry. I know a few of them but I don't want to go and talk right now as this is a personal trip.

I look around and stop that girl the on who is always with Hardin and my heart starts racing at the fact that he might be here. She is grabs two drinks from the table and starts walking. I keep looking at her to see where she is going. And finally she stops and gives a drink to Hardin.

Unintentionally a smile creeps onto my face and I can't help it. I like when he is around. He makes me happy and excited. I want to talk to him. Should I directly go and talk to him?

Just when I'm about to decide what to do he looks at me and smiles. God, his smile. He has the cutest smile. He gives me a small wave from across the bonfire. I wave back and look away.

I stand up and go to the drinks table. Someone pats on my shoulder and turn around. I thought it would be Nick but no. It's Hardin.

"Hey Tess. What are you doing here?" He asks me in a soft voice.

"Nothing much. We got an invitation for the bonfire so we decided to come as this is our last night here. What about you? Is your shoot done?"

"Oh yes, my shoot is over. Today is my last night here as well. I'm leaving tomorrow morning. Even I got an invitation and I had to talk to the directors so I decided to come." He smiles.

"Oh. That's great." This is all I could say. I'm sad that we are leaving tomorrow. I don't even know if I'll meet him again. I would love to. But I can't tell him this.

"So" he thinks "How was your vacation?" He asks and smile.

"It was great. We had a lot of fun. All of us had a pretty packed schedule for the past few months so we needed a little break."

"It's good to know that." As he tell me this I see Nick coming towards us. I get a little scared as to how will he react but u try and stay calm.

"Well, it's you again. Didn't I tell you to stay away from us?" Nick asks Hardin in anger.

"Nick, it's fine. He was just asking me about the trip. No need to get angry. It's ok, calm down." Listening to this Nick calms a little and stands next to me.

"Fine. If you say so" Nick tells me and smiles at me. I return his smile so that his anger cools down.

"I think it's time for me to leave. Hope to see y'all soon. Goodbye Nick. Goodbye Tess." Hardin tells us and is about to leave.

Nick gives him a look and says, "It's Tessa for you and Tess for me. Only I can call her that. Get it? She is my best friend not yours."

"Nick stop. You don't need to be rude to him. He is your brother. "

"Sure he is" Nick stays blatantly.

"No Tessa it's fine. I'll keep that in mind Nick. Bye" Hardin sweetly tells Nick and leaves.

I look at Nick and give him a that-was-totally-unnecessary look. He just laughs and we go back to where Trevor and Lydia are sitting.

We sit there for about thirty minutes and then finally get to our chalets. Today's day has been long and I'm tired. I quickly change into my pajamas and go off to sleep.