DRIVE BACK

Hardin McCall

We get in the car and leave for the hotel. Today was a good day. The double date idea was not so bad. It brought us closer. It helped us break the awkwardness. Now I think I can talk to her about my feelings. I'll have to think of a way to talk to her about it.

Tessa finally breaks the silence between us, "So, you had fun today?"

"Yes, a lot of fun. I had an amazing pillow in the theatre," I smirk and divert my attention from the road for a moment, to look at her.

"Is it? I'm glad you did. Some stupid guy slept on my shoulder and now it's paining," she says dramatically and scrunches her nose in the most adorable way.

I just shake my head and laugh at her expressions and keep my hand on her thigh. She cocks her head up to look at me, after my bold move, but doesn't mind. She just smiles and enjoys the ride back to the hotel.

Once we reach back to the hotel, I ask Tessa what she would like to do for the rest of the day, as it's only the two of us.

"I'm really hungry. Can we just order room service?" She asks with an innocent expression and how can I say no to that.

"Ofcourse we can. What would you like to eat?" I ask grabbing the menu from the coffee table in the room.

"I think I want to eat chinese. What do you want?"

"I'm fine with anything. Let's order chinese," I say and order some chinese for both of us.

"It'll be here in fifteen minutes, till then I'll go and change," I inform her after the call and go to change in a pair of shorts and a t-shirt.

When I come back to Tessa's room, even she has changed into a pair of shorts and a tank top. Her hair is tied up into a messy bun. She looks super cute like this, carefree about her look, just comfortable.

As soon as the food arrives, she gives me my food and she starts eating hers. She was definitely hungry. I just sit there in awe and watch her. I totally forget that I'm supposed to eat.

"Are you going to eat?" Tessa asks with a mouthful of chinese.

"Umm.. yes yes. I'm eating," I need to control myself infront of her.

Once we finish eating, I throw the empty containers in the bin and go to wash my hands. When I come back, Tessa is already fast asleep on her bed. She was definitely tired. She has been working so hard for the movie and with the entire Daniel and Lydia situation, she must have been exhausted.

I switch off the lamp and pull the covers over her body.

"Good night! Sleep well beautiful!" I whisper and give her a kiss on her forehead and leave for my room.

Just as I'm about to sleep my phone starts ringing. Why on earth is Lydia calling me? That also at night. Shouldn't she be spending time with her boyfriend. Ugh.

"Hello Lydia. How can I help you?" I ask sarcastically as I know she hates when I do that. She's so similar to Tess. No wonder they are bestfriends.

"Hi Hardin. Actually I wanted to ask you something. I hope I'm not disturbing you this late. But it's important. Do you have time to talk right now? It's kind of urgent."

"Yes ofcourse. Tell me. Is everything okay?"

"Yes yes, everything is completely fine. I just wanted to ask you if know any good clubs in Atlanta."

"Umm.. I'll have to see. I think I might know a few. But why do you want a club. Any special occasion?" I ask with full curiosity.

"Looks like you don't know. It's Tessa's birthday day after tomorrow. Trevor and I were planning on giving her a surprise. Would you like to help?"

Tessa's birthday. Day after tomorrow. Why didn't she tell me anything? Does she not like birthday parties? I should get her something for her birthday. But what will I get her?

"I would love to help. I'll talk to a few friends and let you know about the clubs in Atlanta. Is that fine with you?" I finally reply after a few seconds.

"Thank you so much Hardin. See you tomorrow at shoot. Good night!" Lydia says and hangs up.

Instantly I start thinking about her birthday. I really need to think before getting her something. I know her, but then again I feel I don't know her. It's so confusing. I don't even know what she likes. Nevermind, I'll ask Lydia tomorrow during the shoot.

Next morning we gather up at the shoot location by eleven. Tessa has been really worried about today's shoot as it is an emotional one. She says that she's never done a full fledged emotional scene before. But I know her, she going to kill it as always.

"Hey! Ready for the shoot?" I decide to check on her one last time before the shoot.

"Hey! Yes I'm ready, I'm just a little nervous," she let's out a nervous chuckle and starts staring at the planner on her lap.

"Where did that come from?" I ask pointing at the planner. I've never seen that before.

"Oh this, Lydia got it from LA. Somehow, I forgot to pack it. It must have slipped out of my mind while packing because of the change in the location. I asked her to get it for me. I note down all of my important stuff in this," she says with a smile.

"That's great! Well, I need to go, I have to make a quick phone call. All the best for your shoot!" I say and she just nods.

The shoot gets over by night and all of us are very tired. Tessa goes to sleep as soon as we reach the hotel. She doesn't even bother to have dinner. I decide not to wake her as it's her birthday tomorrow. She needs to be fresh and active tomorrow.