GIFT BY HARDIN

Theresa Salvatore

My phone has been constantly ringing for the past five minutes and I'm just too lazy and sleepy to get up and receive it. Plus the way Hardin's hugging me and sleeping, I don't think I'll be able to get up without waking him up.

I look up at him and see how he's enjoying his sleep. His long eyelashes resting on his cheekbones. His hair is completely messy and his pink lips are pouted. He looks like a Greek God. So handsome.

I give him a kiss on both of his cheeks and then slowly remove his arms from my waist. His grip is too tight but somehow I manage to remove his arms.

Hardin's white button down shirt is lying on the floor so I quickly pick it up and wear it. Just the shirt, nothing else.

I finally grab my phone and see three missed calls from Lydia. I immediately call her back, hoping everything is fine.

"Oh my god, thank god Tessa. I've been calling you for the past ten minutes. Where have you been?" Lydia says as soon as she picks up my call.

"Hey, sorry I was asleep. Why have you been calling me continuosly. I'm not even late."

"I just wanted to inform you that be here on time. Don't be late. We have a couple of important shots today. Okay?" She is literally my second mom.

"Yes mom. I'll be on time. Now let me get dressed so that I can be there on time," I say and hang up.

I keep my phone on the nightstand and pad to my closet to pick today's outfit. I take a quick look at the mirror and I scream as soon as I realize something.

"Hardin McCall! What the actual fuck!" I scream and I hear Hardin wake up.

"What is wrong with you Tessa? Why are you screaming so early in the morning?" He walks towards the closet where I'm standing.

"Are you serious asking me that? What is this?" I point to the red mark on my neck.

"It's a hickey Tessa. Why are you so shocked seeing that? We had sex last night, remember?" He says is a duh tone.

"I know that's a hickey and I know we had sex you asshole. But couldn't you be a little careful? You know I have to shoot and what if someone sees it?" I give him an angry stare.

"Ok I'm sorry. I didn't even realise when I gave you that. Can you calm down now? Can't you cover it up with makeup or something?" He gives me his puppy dog eyes but I'm still frustrated at his carelessness.

"Ya fine. I'll do that. Now go get ready."

He nods and before leaving gives me a small peck on my lips and on my neck, on the hickey.

I take a quick shower and decide to wear a turtle neck top with jeans. I've applied makeup on the my neck but I can't risk anyone seeing it.

When I go back in the room, Hardin is already dressed in his casual shirt, jeans and converse. As soon as he sees me, he lets out a small chuckle.

"Why the hell are you laughing?" I furrow my brows.

"Why are you wearing a turtle neck in such heat? It's really hot outside. You'll die because of the heat," he says pointing at my top.