MY EX

Theresa Salvatore

This was a horrible decision. I shouldn't have agreed to this. I cannot work with that guy no matter what. And obviously these people won't reject a guy who is talented just because of my past. I think I should tell Daniel that I can't do this. If the lead role is given to Trevor then I can but if he gets it, I can't.

"Tessa, are you okay?" Trevor asks me with concerned eyes. I don't know how to answer him as I have zero words so I just nod.

"Tessa, you know you can talk to me about anything right?"

"Yes Trevor, I know. But I just don't know what to say right now. I didn't expect to see him here. And you know what happened in the past. I can't do the movie with him."

"Yes, I know, don't worry. I'll talk to Mr. Fernandes. I'm sure he'll understand," Trevor tries to be supportive but it just doesn't help. I don't know what to do anymore.

Someone barges into the room. I don't turn around to look. Suddenly the room becomes silent so I finally turn around.

Hardin. It's Hardin. I was expecting it to be Daniel, but no, it's Hardin. I sigh in relief. I somehow like the fact that he's here. He makes me feel safe in a different way.

"Tess?" He whispers and look up at him.

"Yeah," I quickly look away as I don't want to bring my past into this. I don't want him to feel that I'm making a huge scene out of it.

"Are you okay? What happened?"

"I'm fine Hardin. I don't want to talk about it. It's okay," I tell him in a rude tone but he looks determined to know what happened.

Hardin asks Trevor to leave us alone in the room. At first Trevor doesn't agree to leave me alone with Hardin, but then I assure him that everything is fine and I'm okay to be alone with him in this room. As soon as Trevor leaves the room Hardin comes closer and pulls out a chair and sits infront of me.

"Tessa, you can tell me what happened. I won't judge you. It's okay. If there is anything wrong with that guy we won't take him. I promise you."

Just as those words leave his mouth, my head snaps up to look at him. Did he just say he won't take him for me? Why would he even do that? He doesn't even know me and he is ready to reject someone for me?

"No no, please don't do that. He's definitely a very talented actor. It's just that... It's just that we have a rough past together so it was shocking to see him here." I tell him in a low voice.

"Oh," he takes a small pause but then continues, "I am so sorry, I didn't know about it. We want you as the lead. If he makes you uncomfortable, we will reject him. We'll take Trevor instead of him. Y'all have a great chemistry and are bestfriends."

"No Hardin, please. Don't reject Noah because of me. He is a great actor. Just because he is my ex doesn't mean he doesn't deserve this part. It's just that he didn't treat me in the best way, we had a lot of indifferences and it ruined our relationship. We haven't spoken to each other after our break up. Today, after years I've seen him for the first time. I just didn't know how to react. Please don't take any decisions based on my past. Please Hardin."

"Fine Tessa. But if at any moment you feel that you are uncomfortable just let me know. Okay?" He gives me a weak smile and I nod in return.

"Thank you Hardin," just as I thank him, he pulls me into a hug. I am shocked. I don't know what to do. His arms wrap around my waist in a tight but a comforting way. I feel safe in his arms, like this. I hug him back and then he releases me after a few seconds. I give him a smile and we leave to get back to the audition area where everyone is waiting for us.

We enter the room and I notice that Noah is not here anymore. Where did he go? I feel good that he left but then what happened about the role?

"Mr. Fernandes, where is Noah?"

"Oh, Noah, he left. While you and Hardin were inside we auditioned Trevor. After seeing his audition, it was clear that we wanted Trevor as the lead, so Noah left. You are okay with Trevor, right?"

I give him a huge smile and hug Trevor. When I pull away I look at Mr. Fernandes, "Of course I am. He is my bestfriend. I would love to work with him again. Thank you."

"Oh come on Tessa, you don't have to thank me. Trevor is an amazing actor. It would have been our loss if wouldn't play the role. And for the hundredth time, call me Daniel or else I'm never gonna stop calling you Theresa," Daniel tells me and I laugh.

I turn to my right and give Hardin a smile and he smiles back. His smile is the sweetest thing I've ever seen.

All of us sign the contract and Trevor and I leave the office together after saying our goodbyes to everyone. Before leaving I thank Hardin one last time and then we leave. The shoot is going to start within fifteen days. The next fifteen days, the entire cast and crew is going to get to know each other. This makes me very happy as I'll get a chance to know Hardin. With this thought I go to bed, excited for the next few days.