CAFÉ

Hardin McCall

Before starting my day I always visit this café. It's a habit for me to come here, have a cup of cappuccino and write. I love writing my thoughts. But for the past few days I've started writing about someone specific. The first two days I didn't realise who I was writing about. I just knew it was someone special. Then I realised that I have started writing about Tessa and I don't know why! She's the first girl I've ever written about.

While thinking about her someone comes and pats my back and I hear, "Good morning, Hardin," I was in deep thoughts of Tessa so I thought it was her but then no, it actually is. It's her. She's here.

And suddenly I notice that today she actually called me Hardin instead of Mr. McCall and with a pleasing smile I say, "Good morning, beautiful!" and she smiles in return.

Seeing her smile makes my day, no wonder. She sits infront of me and I hide my diary from her as I don't want to be embarrassed. I ask her how did Nick react after knowing about the movie. She exclaims, "Nick was pretty chill and asked me to be careful!" and she smirks. She freaking smirks at me!

I reply, "Sure he did!" with the best smirk I have ever given anyone and roll my eyes. I ask her if she wants to accompany me to the office. I can see her excitement for the new project and with a blink of an eye she agrees.

I'm happy, really happy because I've never gone to a business meeting with any girl in my entire life. Well, she doesn't know that and I hope everyone doesn't act wierd.

We enter the office together and I can clearly see Mr. Fernandes shocked with his mouth open and staring at us. I try to make fun of him, "You want a bee to get in your mouth!?" He closes his mouth and I start laughing. Tessa is totally confused but it's good if she doesn't ask about his reaction.

Mr. Fernandes informs us to go upstairs as everyone is waiting for us and the audition for the male lead has to begin. We go upstairs and I can see everyone smirking at me as they notice Tessa and I coming together.

I hope Tessa doesn't feel embarrassed but she asks, "Hardin, why is everyone staring at us as if they have seen an alien?"

I reply, "Because I'm hot, smart and dashing! Obviously, duh?!" She just rolls her eyes as usual.

She is the first girl who has given Hardin McCall such looks. But then I finally I tell Tessa the reason, "You are the first girl that I have ever come to work with Tess. I come alone not even with my manager."

Before Tessa can give me an answer I see Mr. Fernandes and I admit I have never been happier to see him before. Tessa is still in shock about what I just admitted. I go to my office to change my outfit because I like to wear a black shirt as it is my lucky charm.

When I come back I see Tessa hugging Trevor because she is happy and shocked to see him here. Me being me, gets jealous of Tessa hugging him so I announce, "Everyone here, listen up, this is an audition not a party, get back to work," Tessa again gives me look but I just smile.

While Tessa and Trevor are practicing for a scene I notice they have a great chemistry and again it makes me jealous. To add to my jealously Mr. Fernandes I mean Daniel whispers in my ear, "They look like a power couple."

Daniel is my childhood bestfriend and he knows me well and I can definitely see what he is trying to do. I kick him and ask him to go and shut his mouth.

Suddenly someone enters the room and I see Tessa's face drop and she has lost all the colour and happiness in her face. She is scared and her grip on Trevor's arm tightens.

I hate seeing her like this and I wish it was me whose hand she was holding. But currently I need to stop thinking about us and know the reason behind her sudden mood change.

I make a decision in my mind that no matter what, if she is not comfortable with whoever this is, he won't get the role. That guy and Tess keep staring at each other until Tessa finally leaves the room.

Trevor follows her and the entire room starts pancking. We decide to give those two some time and audition the new guy till they arrive back. I honestly don't even pay attention to his skills and I'm least interested in his acting after Tessa's reaction. I'm still worried about Tessa as she hasn't return yet. I leave the room to go search for her. Hope she is fine.