18th AUGUST

Theresa Salvatore

It's 18th August, and just like any other day I wake up at seven in the morning.

Yesterday was pretty hectic, according to shoot. It was so tiring that I came and literally passed out on my bed.

I take a quick shower and get dressed for today's shoot. When I check my phone, to see if I've received any texts, there's a text from Nick. I open it and read it.

Happy birthday, girl!
There's no better friend than you. I don't think I would prefer anyone other than you to share my secrets with. You are the best bestfriend and a great woman.
I wish you the best in life cutie. Lots of love and health to you. May all your wishes come true in life!
I will always be there for you, and I know I can count on you too.
Love you!
We'll definitely celebrate when you come back!
Have a rocking day ahead!

I can't control the happy tears falling from my eyes. I'm so thankful for having Nick by my side as my bestfriend.

Thank you so much Nick! I'm so grateful for having a bestfriend like you!
I love you too!

I scroll through my phone and see some other messages from friends and family and quickly thank them all. There are no messages from Lydia or Trevor. They haven't even called me up for breakfast today. Maybe they forgot. It's okay but I'm a bit sad. They are my bestfriends, atleast they should have remembered.

I open the connecting door to check on Hardin and see it's empty.

"Hardin went to breakfast without me!" I shout to myself.

I become very upset and leave for breakfast. None of the cast or crew members are here today. Am I late? I check my watch but I'm on time. What's wrong with everyone?

One crew member is here. She comes upto me and says, "Ma'am, the driver is waiting for you. He'll take you to the shoot location. Rest of the team has already left."

I sigh and leave for the location, frustrated. When I reach I the location, I decide to act as if nothing is special today.

Lydia runs towards me, "Tessa get dressed! We have to start shooting in five minutes."

I nod and leave for my trailer. On the way, I spot Hardin, who is busy with Trevor.

Today's shoot is very light. It's just a luncheon where Jake (Trevor) takes Marissa (me) to meet his family. We just have to hold hand and have lunch.

By the time the shoot gets over, it's lunch time. Hardin hasn't spoken a word to me today. Is he angry? Is he mad that I slept without telling him? I'll have to find out.

My phone buzzes in my pocket so I remove to check it, till then someone comes from the back and ties a black cloth on my eyes.

"Who is it?" I ask in a panicked voice.

"Relax Tess. It's just me Hardin!"

"But what are you doing?"

"Blindfolding you!" He replies in a very isn't-it-obvious tone. He is annoying when he does that.

"Thanks for telling me! I didn't know that!" I say in a sarcastic tone and try to remove the blindfold.

"Tess, you don't need to remove it just yet. I'm not kidnapping you. So relax. Just hold my hand and come with me."