CONNECTING ROOMS

Theresa Salvatore

"You've got to be kidding me! What the hell are you doing here?" I shout again.

"What the hell are you doing here. This is my room," Hardin shouts back at me.

This can't be true. Why the hell do we have connecting rooms? Why weren't we informed earlier? Hardin standing here, just in his boxers. Oh my god! We can't have connecting rooms.

"This is my room. I am not in your room. We are given connecting rooms for some damn reason. I'm going to call Daniel and the receptionist now," I announce and go to the telephone.

I call them and ask them to come to my room. In the mean time, Hardin is still standing in his boxers, staring at me.

"What? Get dressed. They'll be here any minute," I say while waving my hand towards his naked body.

"Yes yes, I am getting dressed. I know what to do," he says rudely and closes the connecting door.

Why is he being rude? I didn't do anything wrong. I didn't ask for connecting rooms on purpose. He's difficult to understand.

Someone knocks on the door and I open it. It's the receptionist. I wonder where is Daniel. Hopefully he'll be here soon.

"Good afternoon ma'am. Is everything okay? You asked me to meet you as soon as possible," the receptionist says in a confused tone.

Just as I'm about to speak Daniel enters my room. I look at him with angry eyes. He just shrugs his shoulders.

"Nothing is okay. Why do I have connecting room? Why wasn't I informed about it earlier?" I shout and Hardin opens the door and enters the room.

He is wearing a thin pair of cotton pants but is shirtless. He is hot. But that doesn't mean I'm sharing a room with him. Even if I want to I can't. I don't want people to think that there's something going on. I need to change my room.

"What? Y'all have connecting rooms?" Daniel asks me with a shocking face.

"Yes, we do. I need to change my room. I can't stay in this room."

"I'm so sorry ma'am. All the other rooms are already booked. We don't have any empty rooms left," the receptionist informs me and I start getting angrier.

"What the hell! I don't care, I need a new room. That's it."

Hardin has just been standing here for the past ten minutes without saying a word. What's wrong with him? Why is he not saying anything?

"Tessa, relax. It's okay. You can lock the door from your side. It's not that bad. Just keep the door closed all the time. It'll be like the normal rooms then. You don't have to worry," Daniel tries to make me understand.

"But Daniel.." I'm interrupted by Hardin.

"Yes Tessa. You can keep the door locked all the time. I won't disturb you," he says with a smile.

"Fine. Whatever," I sigh

"I'm really sorry ma'am I would have given you a different room, but all of them are booked. Really sorry. If there is anything, you can call me and I'll help you. Hope you have a good stay," the receptionist says and leaves the room.

"I think you should rest for sometime. I'll meet you tomorrow morning," even Daniel leaves.

I turn and look at Hardin who is still standing in my room. I inform him that I'm going to meet Trevor and leave the room. I'm really annoyed. I want to get to know Hardin, but at the same time I don't want to share the same room. I don't know what's going on right now. It's all so confusing.

Trevor's room is just two rooms before my room. I spot the number plate 1502 and knock on the door.

"Hey Tessa. What's up? Is everything all right?" Trevor asks as he opens the door.

"Hey. No nothing is fine," I huff.

"Oh. Come on in. Tell me what happened."

I sit on his bed with him and tell him everything that happened. As soon as I finish my story Trevor starts laughing. Why is laughing? It's not funny. I have to share a room with Nick's brother, and they don't have the best relationship at the moment. God knows what will happen if he gets to know about this.

"Wow. That's great. I think y'all are gonna have a lot of fun," Trevor says with a smirk.

"Shut up. Nothing is going to happen. I'm going to keep my door locked at all times."

"Come on Tessa, Hardin's not so bad. He's hot, he likes you, he's sweet to you. There's no harm in giving it a try."

"No way. I am not giving anything a try. He is Nick's brother and that's it. He's nothing else. And he does not like me. End of the story," I look away.

"Okay, calm down, just keep your door locked and it'll be fine. You can call me if you need anything. Ok?"

'Thank you Trevor," I stand up and give him a hug and then leave his room.

I open my room and notice that the connecting door is closed already. Hardin must have done that.

I get some room service and relax for the night. The shoot starts tomorrow and I'm very excited to finally start shooting for this project. I finish dinner and go to sleep.