NEW DIRECTOR

Theresa Salvatore

My alarm goes off at seven thirty in the morning. I decide to dress simply as we don't have to shoot today or go out. I take a quick shower and put on a plain white t-shirt with blue denims.

Before I forget, I leave a small text asking everyone to meet me in the dining area at eleven, so that I can give them the surprise.

Just as I start doing my hair, I hear Hardin knock on the connecting door. He definitely must have read the text on the group. He's been waiting impatiently since yesterday to know what I've been planning.

"Hey," I open the door and walk back to the mirror.

"Hey, good morning. Are you getting ready for the surprise?" He asks, his voice full of curiosity.

"Yes I am. But don't think that I'm going to tell you anything about it right now," I smile and walk to towards him.

"Why not? I can keep a secret. I promise," he pouts.

"No, sorry. Can't you wait for sometime? It's almost eleven. Come on let's go," I pull him out of the room and lock the door.

In the dining area, everyone is already seated on a table, half of them having breakfast while the other half talking. I excuse myself to give Lydia a quick call to make sure she's here.

Once I know that Lydia has reached the hotel, I call Daniel and explain everything to him, about how to tell everyone and stuff.

"Good morning everyone! So I've called y'all here to tell you that I have a small surprise for you. I have found a solution for our current problem. And I have Daniel here, on video call with us, he'll tell you the rest," as soon as I say this, everyone becomes happy and start clapping their hands.

I like seeing everyone like this, happy and enjoying themselves. This movie really means a lot to everyone, including me.

"Hello guys! So Tessa here has been a great help. She has found a new director for our movie. And trust me, that person is one of the best in the industry. Y'all won't be disappointed," Daniel says and everyone waits for him to reveal the new director.

My attention directly goes towards Hardin. My eyes meet his. He smiles knowing that I did something to make everyone happy. He looks equally happy knowing that we will be continuing this movie. And that both of us will get a few more weeks together. I smile back at him.

I wave my hand towards Lydia, who had been standing at some distance for the past few minutes. Everyone claps their hands when she enters and Trevor can't believe what's in front of his eyes.

"Lydia!" Trevor literally shouts and goes running to his love and wraps his arms around her.

Those two share a cute moment and I can't help but look away. My eyes land on Hardin. At first, he looks at them and then at me. There was something in our eye contact that I can't explain. It felt different. It felt like he wanted to say something.

I quickly explain the entire process to everyone and they leave for their rooms. We decide to take the remaining day and the next day off.

Hardin and I go back to our room. I remove some clothes for laundry, and that's when Hardin enters the room.

"Someone is good at giving surprises. Everyone loved the surprise," he says and stands behind me.

I turn around and he is just inches away. I look up at him, "I'm glad they did. But did u like it?"

"Obviously I did. Now I get to stay with you for a few weeks and irritate you," he jokes and I swat his arm.

We just stand there in silence, looking into each other's eyes. We don't speak a word for the next few moments. I don't know what to do? Should I hug him? I want to. Should give him a small peck on his cheek? Should I just kiss him? Because I want to. I have wanted to kiss him from the day I spoke to him, from the day we spent time together, alone. I don't know if this is the right time.

And just on cue, my phone starts ringing and we break our intense eye contact. I grab my phone from the nightstand and check it. It's Nick on the phone. I pick his call and he informs me that his flight back to LA is tonight. He hadn't informed me about this earlier but it's fine. Even he has to work.

All of us decide to spend the evening with Nick and go out for dinner. We decide to go to a small Thai restaurant. We enjoy dinner and then drop Nick at the airport for his flight.

He promises me that he'll visit me again, super soon. Now he doesn't really have anyone in LA as all of us are here, in Atlanta. Lydia was there with him but now even she's with us. I feel bad for him but I know he can manage. He also tells me that he'll text me everyday. I'll miss him.